- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"Excellent stay in beautiful scenery...."
"A very pleasant place to stay..."
"A friendly warm welcome and excellent ales at the bar!!..."
"The Woolpack Inn is a warm and hospitable oasis within the dramatic lakeland scenery. The welcome is warm and friendly. The room and the vie..."
About the hotel
This former coaching Inn boasts dramatic views of the Western Fells; situated at the foot of Hardknott Pass - one of Englands most outrageous roads - the Inn is ideally placed for your walking and hiking adventure. From our back door, access to the Scafell Massif is (literally) at your feet; alternatively for those with a slightly less dramatic need for extreme hiking, there are gentle walks around the rivers, ultimately culminating in a ride on the Ravenglass and Eskdale Steam Railway. The Woolpack Inn is a traditional Inn in all senses of the word; good tasty food, great Ales from award winning breweries countrywide, great atmosphere, and large beer garden with stunning views.
There are 7 ensuite rooms - with a mixture of twin, double and family rooms available; there is even a double jacuzzi bath in our four poster room. We try to cater for all. None of our rooms are over the bar, so quiet nights - save for the owls - are pretty much guaranteed. Packed lunches can also be provided for those planning longer jaunts - and is served in the residents dining room and snug. Lunch and evening meals are served in either one of two bars, a lower snug room or in the garden; food is served from 11. 30am to 9. 00pm seven days a week.
Showing Tuesday 24 November 2015 to Wednesday 25 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Video/DVD Library , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Mountain Bike Hire , Fishing
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Excellent stay in beautiful scenery.
A very pleasant place to stay