- Very Good
- 238 guest reviews
"I will definitely stay there again, I really enjoyed my stay Food was good(would of liked to see more variety) Found myself queuing each mor..."
"Loved the stay at the Jamaica Inn. A little leeway for check in times would be appreciated, 4.00pm being quite late. All in all nice room, g..."
"Unable to fault the reception we received, she could not do enough for us. Although very busy, the catering and waiting staff always had tim..."
"We had a good welcome when signing in, our room was clean and had all things needed. We can not fault anything. Our evening meal was very go..."
About the hotel
Jamaica Inn hotel, Cornwall's legendary coaching house, immortalised in Daphne du Maurier's novel of the same name, has stood high on Bodmin Moor for over four centuries. We're still referred to by historians as Cornwall's most famous smuggling inn. These days we do welcome the more salubrious guest .
. . and the odd ghost! On the A30 between Launceston and Bodmin, The Jamaica Inn is full of character with beamed ceilings, open fires and real ales. Some of the traditional rooms are in the original inn and some are in the modern annex. You will find 16 well appointed bedrooms, all en - suite, with a number of romantic four poster bedrooms. From breakfast until late evening, you can enjoy an extensive range of home cooked food, with museum, gift shop and two bars on site. We are a family friendly hotel and inn and offer a children's play area and beautiful gardens that overlook Bodmin Moor. The Jamaica Inn has easy access to the Eden Project and Falmouth's National Maritime Museum. Free WIFI and Parking are available onsite, no reservation needed.
Showing Friday 31 July 2015 to Saturday 1 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 09/09/2014 to 31/12/2023 - Please note: the hotel only accept dogs in the dog friendly room and there is a charge of £10 per dog per night The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
Staff were great
I will definitely stay there again, I really enjoyed my stay Food was good(would of liked to see more variety) Found myself queuing each morning for the one toaster that seemed in constant use when we went for breakfast I enjoyed the small quirky museum( to bad if you are a guest there you cant have unlimited access ) They have a great Gift Shop.
If you like the spooky factor arrange your trip and book on a pre arranged a ghost hunt that they have scheduled throughout the year(if you want to stay in one of allegedly haunted rooms book early)
I only had two complaints
1 The Toaster, they need more than one
2 We arrived 40 minutes early there was another chap in front of us, we were both told to come back at 16:00, it seems everyone was told to come at 16:00 which mean a queue of people, why not spread checking process out over a period of time or a better idea if the room is free and empty let people check in early, I am sure it would not be to hard for the cleaners to inform the front desk that the rooms are ready when they finish them ?
Loved the stay at the Jamaica Inn.
A little leeway for check in times would be appreciated, 4.00pm being quite late. All in all nice room, good breakfast, cheerful staff