- 17 guest reviews
"I used to use major hotel chains, but nowadays I much prefer a good Pub/Hotel and this place ticks all the boxes. Every member of staff was..."
"Nice big towels..."
"Comfy bed, quiet room, good night's sleep. Bathroom bin not emptied from previous occupant ugh. Bar service excellent, food poor, carvery me..."
"Lovely spacious room. Carvery lunch excellent value for money. Continental breakfast very poor considering you can purchase breakfast for ne..."
"The hotel was in a country location but directly on the main bus route to Basingstoke; the bus stop being right outside the hotel making it..."
About the hotel
"Secreted away in the quiet village of Oakley, this handsome Hampshire lodge provides some of the most welcoming budget accommodation in Basingstoke. It’s just off the M3, and a few minutes from town – but feels like it’s a world away, with picturesque countryside on the doorstep and attractive thatched houses nestling around a duck pond in the centre of the village. There’s a wealth of conference venues nearby, such as Oakley Hall and the Ark Centre, which makes the 22-bedroom lodge a comfy and convenient base for business as well as pleasure.
Either way, you can round off your stay with a tasty roast dinner and a tipple or two at the Crown Carvery next door. As for things to see and do in the local area, you’ll be spoilt for choice. If you love country walks head down to award-winning Eastrop Park, which is full of scenic trails. Or you could explore the remains of Basing House, once the largest private residence in England. Plus you might like to catch a show at The Anvil Concert Hall or simply take a relaxing stroll down Basingstoke Canal. The lodge is four miles from the new Bombay Sapphire distillery in Laverstoke "
Showing Sunday 3 May 2015 to Monday 4 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 24/12/2015 to 25/12/2015 - Check in times are restricted to between Noon and 5pm on Christmas Day. In addition the pub may be closed from mid afternoon on the 25th. Please refer to the individual pub/lodge for exact timings. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
65% would recommend it to a friend
Its a YES from me.
I used to use major hotel chains, but nowadays I much prefer a good Pub/Hotel and this place ticks all the boxes.
Every member of staff was friendly and down to earth. The food was a fantastic. The room was perfect. Wifi was good and the bed was comfy. I really cant find anything negative to say about this hotel. Nothing at all (and no, I don't work there)
Well Done to you . You made a lonely guest very welcomed. See you again I hope.
Good value for money
Nice big towels