- 37 guest reviews
"As you entered the building, there is a beautiful mosaic floor in the porch and hallway, which was spotless, also all the woodwork in the ha..."
"Had a great stay for a business trip - lovely, quiet room and a great breakfast in the morning. Only slight downside was the lack of reliabl..."
"Charming hostess, great breakfast, very helpful, quiet location..."
"The owner went out of her way to help us, providing information about the area and even a sewing box for an emergency repair. The room was e..."
"very welcoming and helpful host thanks very much excellent will stay again soon I hope..."
About the hotel
The Crescent Guest House is a four star rated guest house with the Wales Tourist Board and three star rated with the AA. Situated near the town centre of Newport in conservation area and we are only one mile from junction 27 of the M4 motorway. We provide ample parking to the rear and front of the building.
The house is a magnificent 19th century building and furnished to an excellent standard with an elegant dining room. All ten rooms have en-suite facilities, colour TV, some with VCR and a complimentary courtesy tray. The two downstairs rooms are wheelchair accessible. We are happy to accept visa, switch or MasterCard
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Video/DVD Library , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant
- Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 11:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
97% would recommend it to a friend
Caerlau Crescent Guest House
As you entered the building, there is a beautiful mosaic floor in the porch and hallway, which was spotless, also all the woodwork in the hall and on the stairway was lovingly polished We received a very friendly greeting by Genia and our order for breakfast the next morning, was taken.
This again was excellent. The room we had was small (we were offered an upgrade but as It was only a 1 night stay declined) but very clean and well stocked with tea making facilities and in the bathroom everything we required was available including a toweling dressing gown. A lovely experience and we will certainly stay there again.
Had a great stay for a business trip - lovely, quiet room and a great breakfast in the morning.
Only slight downside was the lack of reliable wifi in the room, but it didn't spoil the stay for me.