- 2 guest reviews
"The hotel is modern, clean and quiet. The staff were very helpful. Close to the centre of the city. As a smoker I appreciate smoking rooms...."
About the hotel
The Mercure Hotel Leipzig am Johannisplatz is located close to the city center providing excellent conference facilities and its own parking. The 4-star hotel is VDR-certified and has nine ground floor conference and function rooms for up to 220 people. There are 174 modern rooms and guests can make the most of the spa area free of charge or enjoy the sociable atmosphere in the beer garden.
Guests can also explore the surrounding area on one of the hotel's bicycles.
Showing Wednesday 1 April 2015 to Thursday 2 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar
- Sauna, Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Foreign (European), Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Mercure Leipzig Am Johannisplatz in Leipzig are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
50% would recommend it to a friend
A comfortable relaxed Christmas
The hotel is modern, clean and quiet.
The staff were very helpful. Close to the centre of the city. As a smoker I appreciate smoking rooms. Tram 15 runs close by. A tad expensive but probably worth it.
Stayed here for 2 nights, mainly as the normal hotel I use was fully booked.
On arrival the front of desk provided a cold welcoming, never actually welcoming me to the hotel, on first impressions I was taken aback. I then asked for local directions and was given a map, no help as to what directions I should be taking. When returning back to the hotel later that evening, the front of reception never even lifted his head to acknowledge a guest returning to the hotel. The room was clean and fairly spacious, the bed was exceptionally low down close to the floor. The room was like a sauna with a lack of air conditioning which I found hard to believe, no thermoset either to control the heating, all I had was a large door/window which was fine to open when in the room, but when out of the room I had to close for security purposes, you could actually walk out the door and walk round to other rooms on the floor if you so wished. You can also hear noises from other rooms which is rather poor. I found it strange that the sauna only opened from 4pm, this is the first time that I've encountered this being open so late. No free wi-fi and the rates were more expensive than any hotel I have stayed in elsewhere in the world. Upon checking out, no one asked how I enjoyed my stay or if any comments or if I would require any transport to be arranged for me. Overall the personal experience is awful and let's this hotel down very badly, I have never experienced such poor customer experience in a hotel anywhere in the world. This should be looked at exceptionally urgently and would not recommend here unless it was a last resort, there are many better hotels in Leipzig where you are treated as a valuable guest. This shouldn't be rated as a 4 star hotel in my opinion until issues with air con and heating, and privacy are resolved.