- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"We loved the look and feel of the hotel when we arrived, we unpacked and went down to have some food, very disappointed in the food that we..."
"Friendly staff, excellent food. Comfortable room...."
"An enjoyable wedding and stay, lovely room with very comfortable bed and pillows, nice decor. I have mobility issues so as residents it woul..."
"What a lovely place to stay very quiet and the staff are all helpfull..."
"We called at the Hotel just after lunch on arrival day to advise them that we would not be checking until about 2130hrs but we were definite..."
About the hotel
Welcome to our friendly family-run 4* Country House Hotel near Workington, Cockermouth and Whitehaven, peacefully located between the stunning Western Lake District fells and Cumbrian coast. Here at Hunday Manor we have the perfect balance of style, comfort and character mixed with a genuine warm, welcoming atmosphere making it the ideal place to enjoy a meal in our restaurant, get a great night's sleep, relax with friends, host a business meeting or conference, celebrate a special occasion, or as a picturesque wedding and reception venue. We are passionate about ensuring your experience at Hunday Manor is the best it can be.
When we say nothing is too much trouble we really mean it. From the moment you walk through our doors, our team will make you feel relaxed, welcome and well looked after. Making you feel special is what we do and that is why so many of our guests choose to come back many times and why we are one of only a handful of hotels awarded the prestigious 4 Star Silver Award from Visit Britain. We’ve created our restaurant as just the sort of place where we would want to go. It is welcoming and informal but there is no compromise on food quality. It is the sort of place where you can enjoy an intimate romantic meal for two or a relaxed lunch or supper with friends. Service is attentive but friendly and you will feel equally at home in a suit or having just stepped off the fells after a long walk. Our menus offer simple unpretentious food reflecting the best modern British cuisine using fresh locally sourced Cumbrian produce such as our tasty Lake District lamb, steaks and fresh seafood from the nearby coast. Dishes are lovingly prepared with the best ingredients we can find and are classy yet familiar. To accompany our menus, we have a wide range of quality wines and locally produced Lake District beers and spirits. In a nutshell we serve tasty, down-to earth, quality food done in a relaxed informal atmosphere. Come and visit us soon and you'll be made very welcome.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Doctor on call, Porter
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- CD Player
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 23:00
- Up to 8 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
57% would recommend it to a friend
We loved the look and feel of the hotel when we arrived, we unpacked and went down to have some food, very disappointed in the food that we were served, the first night there was annoying noises all night one of which sounded like a masonary drill being used in short bursts.
The next day we went to Keswick, on our return we chose not to eat at the restaurant. Overall a disappointing stay.
Would stay again
Friendly staff, excellent food.