This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
A Green Hope was once a small stone-built shepherd’s cottage quietly tucked away on the corner of a farm, in the valley of the river Whiteadder, in the Lammermuir hills of Berwickshire. Almost a mile from the next house, along a narrow lane, it was the sort of place authors wrote stories about and legends grew up around. The early saints would pass this way on their journeys between Iona and Holy Island, a little way down the coast.
Centuries later, Scottish armies would camp nearby in the valley, and the farmer would hide his cattle up the narrow glen, behind the cottage, well out of sight. This was a part of the Border lands that was well acquainted with strife. About all that’s changed is that the little cottage has become a comfortable, spacious house, offering warm and friendly hospitality. You can Bed & Breakfast here, or take the Cottage or the adjacent River Suite for a self-catering holiday. And the valley once associated with war is now a place of peace. The sun still pours in the front windows. And the river - still soothes the mind and helps you drift off to sleep- perhaps to dream of kingfishers, salmon, or the buzzards that circle the sky by day. Oh yes, the private lane is tarmacced now – but the nearest house is still almost a mile away ! On the other hand, Edinburgh is closer than it was, now less than an hour, and it’s an easy drive to most of those abbeys and stately homes, gardens and golf courses that make the Scottish Borders so appealing. For a night, a few days, or a week of refreshing peace and quiet, come and ‘enjoy your stay’
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Lounge Menu , Breakfast to go
- Fishing , Clay Pigeon Shooting
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 04:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet