- 11 guest reviews
"Lovely peaceful room considering it was on the ground floor next to the front door. Comfy beds. Warm and cosy room but plenty of space. Exce..."
"The accommodation was fine although there was only a small wardrobe without any draws for storage, therefore we effectively lived out of a s..."
"The room was extremely comfortable and a good size. The walk across the road to The Kitchen restaurant for breakfast was well worth it...."
"Stayed in Feb - cold! But we had a good time. Really liked the hotel. Nice décor. Staff very good - no exceptions. Food excellent. Could do..."
"thanks to lateroom's I found this great hotel , just off Southsea seafront , great staff, warm , welcoming , comfortable , I had room 3 , al..."
About the hotel
The Somerset House Hotel has been restored to the original splendour of its Edwardian roots. It offers boutique rooms with free Wi-FI and digital TV, just a 2-minute walk from Southsea Beach. The stylish bedrooms all feature comfortable King or Super-King beds and are adorned with Egyptian cotton sheets.
Individually designed bathrooms feature fluffy towels and designer L'Occitane Aromachologie toiletries whilst some have either walk-in showers, spa or free standing baths. A complimentary cooked breakfast choice is included with all room rates. We offer a boutique gastro pub The Florence Arms where you can enjoy casual bar food, cask ale, craft beer, contemporary cocktails and more. The pub is 30 seconds from Somerset House Hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/05/2016 to 12/05/2023 - Check in is at Florence House Hotel 2 Malvern Road Southsea PO5 2NA - Just opposite. Payment is on full at reservation and non refundable The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
91% would recommend it to a friend
Could not fault our overnight stay here!!
Lovely peaceful room considering it was on the ground floor next to the front door.
Comfy beds. Warm and cosy room but plenty of space. Excellent blinds which didn't let street lighting through. Superb breakfast. No alcohol served after 11pm something to be aware of although you can buy from bar and take to your room. (we stayed on a weekday so w/ends may be different).
Very Pleasant Although Over Priced
The accommodation was fine although there was only a small wardrobe without any draws for storage, therefore we effectively lived out of a suitcase during our stay.
On the first breakfast we were invited to take it at an elevated table and sit on bar stools, we are both over 60 and therefore refused. We were then shown to a normal table. On 2 mornings mistakes were made with the breakfast order, not big errors, but given I had paid over £400 for three nights I expected more. The parking was also less than satisfactory, there is limited space and I had to park on the street, which was narrow. The receptionists were extremely helpful. Overall I would only stay again if the price accurately reflected the level of accommodation and service provided.