- 17 guest reviews
"The room was extremely comfortable and a good size. The walk across the road to The Kitchen restaurant for breakfast was well worth it...."
"Stayed in Feb - cold! But we had a good time. Really liked the hotel. Nice décor. Staff very good - no exceptions. Food excellent. Could do..."
"thanks to lateroom's I found this great hotel , just off Southsea seafront , great staff, warm , welcoming , comfortable , I had room 3 , al..."
"Very friendly staff. Beautiful and tasteful decoration and furnishings throughout. Excellent breakfast...."
"Very nice Boutique Hotel. The accommodation was lovely, and very well located. However I think it is let down by not informing travellers of..."
About the hotel
The Somerset House Hotel has been restored to the original splendour of its Edwardian roots. It offers boutique rooms with free Wi-FI and digital TV, just a 2-minute walk from Southsea Beach. The stylish bedrooms all feature comfortable King or Super-King beds and are adorned with Egyptian cotton sheets.
Individually designed bathrooms feature fluffy towels and designer L'Occitane Aromachologie toiletries whilst some have either walk-in showers, spa or free standing baths. A complimentary cooked breakfast choice is included with all room rates. We offer a fine dining restaurant within our hotel group. Our talented chef serves up fabulous flavours and freshly cooked treats every day of the week. Stop in for lunch or dinner, indulge in a sumptuous afternoon tea, or join us for Sunday lunch favourites. The restaurant is just opposite at Florence House Hotel.
Showing Wednesday 7 October 2015 to Thursday 8 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 14/08/2014 to 16/08/2023 - PLEASE NOTE. We take payment on reservation refundable up to 3 days prior less 10% The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
The room was extremely comfortable and a good size.
The walk across the road to The Kitchen restaurant for breakfast was well worth it.
Cold in Portsmouth
Stayed in Feb - cold.
But we had a good time. Really liked the hotel. Nice décor. Staff very good - no exceptions. Food excellent. Could do with a few extra parking spaces but that's the only downer.