- Very Good
- 25 guest reviews
"Very comfortable spacious room. Friendly helpful staff Newly fitted bathroom shower quite tricky to work out Had to ask other guests to have..."
"Excellent stay. Room was ideal and the food and service is equal to any give star hotel I have stayed in before...."
"Wonderfully situated with half an hour walk into town. Room was amazing, very grand. fitted three of us with single beds comfortably. Really..."
"this hotel is superb! very friendly staff and we were offered an upgrade. nice room and spotlessly clean. we particularly enjoyed having bre..."
"This was one on the best hotels we have stayed in with very friendly and pleasant staff. Will be staying there again very soon...."
About the hotel
Set within the mature, leafy Victorian suburbs to the south of Edinburgh city centre, The Royal Ettrick Hotel provides the perfect getaway from the bustle of the city whilst still being within walking distance of The Old Town. This popular residential area of the city has housed some of its most famous inhabitants, past and present including Harry Potter author J. K.
Rowling and John Napier, the inventor of the decimal point! Built in the 1860's as the grand home of a rich Edinburgh barrister, The Royal Ettrick remained a private residence until it was converted into a hotel during the 1940's. The hotel offers 21 bedrooms situated across all three floors of the property and the upstairs accommodation is accessed via the original ornate staircase. All rooms benefit from conveniences such as en-suite bathrooms, televisions and Tea & Coffee making facilities. Upon arrival to the hotel you will be greeted at reception by our friendly staff who will do their utmost to ensure your stay is relaxed and enjoyable. In the morning a full Scottish cooked breakfast and continental selection are served in The Conservatory Bistro on the ground floor. Flooded with natural light and with views across our private garden which can offer al fresco dining (weather permitting), The Conservatory Bistro offers a full menu throughout the day with restaurant dining in the evening. The hotel also houses The International Bar, offering true Scottish colour and character with a traditional pub feel and broad range of regular customers and guests alike, serving a wide selection of food and drinks you can be sure to find something new and enjoyable. With our private car park and ease of access to the Edinburgh bypass any travelling is simple and relaxed. Superb public transport links also service the hotel with two main bus services into the heart of the city stopping directly in front of the hotel, with Waverley Train Station under 1. 5 miles away and Edinburgh Airport only 5. 5 miles away all travel and connections are quick and easy.
Showing Saturday 1 August 2015 to Sunday 2 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
Very comfortable spacious room.
Friendly helpful staff
Newly fitted bathroom shower quite tricky to work out
Had to ask other guests to have their conversation else where at1pm on the morning as they were conversing loudly outside the room
Exterior looked impressive, unfortunately our room was awful, certainly not 3 star.
Tiny room, broken toilet roll holder, broken shelf, filthy cord to close air vent in window. We were upgraded, but this room wasn't clean, I could write my name in the dust.