- 2 guest reviews
"A family orientated hotel. Room was clean with a kettle and tea and coffee provided as well as wine glasses, towels, soap and shower gel!All..."
"Really good hotel, staff were amazing and really helpful, view was incredible. Was there for four nights and honestly couldn't have asked fo..."
About the hotel
Hotel Laxnes has the Best of Both Worlds located a short 10 minute drive from Reykjavik but is also ideally located for seeing the Northern Lights. Situated opposite a river and overlooking Mount Esja, this hotel is the perfect choice for guests wanting to enjoy some of Iceland’s best scenery whilst being at a relaxing countryside retreat, just minutes from the heart of Reykjavik. The hotel is a modern country style lodge with fantastic mountain views and 26 large modern rooms.
Being next to rivers, waterfalls, mountains, sea, and a beautiful lake, the hotel is perfect for nature lovers and hikers alike. Each spacious room has an ensuite bathroom and is decorated in a fresh and relaxing style. All rooms are equipped with complimentary wireless internet, a work desk and chair and TV. All rooms have a mountain view and some rooms have access to a private balcony; where guests can enjoy the dramatic scenery. After an active day guests are invited to relax and mingle with other guests in the hotel bar. A variety of drinks are available in traditional Icelandic surroundings and hot meals are on offer with a fantastic grill kitchen. For those wanting to dine out, several nearby restaurants within a few minutes walk from the hotel offer special discounts for guests. A buffet breakfast is also available every morning and served between 7:30 - 10:00. Nearby attractions include; the Alafoss Viking Wool store, Laxnes horse riding, Golf course, fishing lake and the famous Golden Circle trip. For guests who want to explore the local surroundings –or take a trip into central Reykjavik— at their own convenience, the hotel can arrange car rental at reasonable rates. Guests arriving at Keflavik Airport can make use of the hotelʼs convenient transfer service and guests also have access to on-site parking. Hotel Laxnes is proudly the Tourist Information centre for Mosfellsbær
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Airport Shuttle , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Golf 9 Hole , Golf 18 Hole , Fitness Centre , Jacuzzi , Mountain Bike Hire , Snooker/Billiards , Fishing , Quad Biking , Horse Riding
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free)
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A family orientated hotel.
Room was clean with a kettle and tea and coffee provided as well as wine glasses, towels, soap and shower gel!All staff(especially Shaun and Nunu) were fantastic. They went out of their way to help give advice and make sure our stay was perfect. The hotel is near to a Bonus and opposite a KFC. There is also a lovely bistro nearby( recommend the lamb soup).The hotel has its own bar and family room. Alcoholic drinks from the bar are London prices (1000ISK for a pint) but otherwise this is a lovely hotel. We had a lovely view and the continental breakfast was yummy. We will be returning!!.
Really good hotel, staff were amazing and really helpful, view was incredible.
Was there for four nights and honestly couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Could see the northern lights from my bedroom window. Really was incredible. Would defently recommentd