- Very Good
- 64 guest reviews
"The Lancrigg was fantastic, the hotel, grounds, views all amazing, and the food was the best we have ever had at a vegetarian restaurant, wo..."
"The staff was lovely food was good. Internet was rubbish, I was waiting for for one hour to get the breakfast..."
"We really enjoyed staying at the Lancrigg. It is located in a beautiful setting and it was a particular pleasure to encounter staff who were..."
"Staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. We are not vegetarians but enjoyed the food provided...."
"We were very impressed by the location, accommodation , and price.The staff were very welcoming and friendly ...."
About the hotel
Lancrigg is one of the most peaceful and romantic houses in the Lake District. Artists, poets, scientists and musicians both past and present continue to love Lancrigg. Now a 3 star Country House HoteI, this is a place to truly relax and unwind.
It is situated in an idyllic mountain location in thirty acres of private grounds and woodland and is just a short walk to Grasmere village and all its amenities. You can walk the length and breadth of the Lake District mountains from the door, or just take a meandering stroll around the adjoining woods. Many guests prefer to simply relax in the comfort of their room or sit sipping in the lounge next to the warming log fire. The rooms are romantic, comfortable and individually decorated, many with whirlpool baths. The Green Valley vegetarian restaurant at Lancrigg offers an imaginative International menu. There is an extensive organic wine list, with many beers, unusual spirits and cocktails. Special diets are welcome. The restaurant is open all day to residents and non residents. A variety of imaginative breakfasts are served and a champagne breakfast can be taken in the bedroom if preferred.
Showing Tuesday 24 November 2015 to Wednesday 25 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Massage , Jacuzzi , Croquet
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free)
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
91% would recommend it to a friend
The Lancrigg was fantastic, the hotel, grounds, views all amazing, and the food was the best we have ever had at a vegetarian restaurant, would recomend to anyone
Room was classed as "cosy" but was very small with nowhere to put anything.
The bathroom was the same,the shower wouldnt stay in the upright position and was very slow. Room was very noisy with doors banging quite a lot. Lovely location but the hotel had a distinct lack of management around. We paid £150 per night and was certainly no value for money.