- Very Good
- 29 guest reviews
"Everything about our stay was fine. The only thing I would comment on was the chatter and giggling from the "staff room" next door to our be..."
"Great, central location. Rooms not as small as I was led to believe. Perfect for single traveller. Good heating system. Good, strong shower..."
"The room was very clean but the bathroom and in particular the bath needs updating...."
"very good. the leisure centre was excellent...."
"Small room but fine for someone out all evening and just needing a room to stay. Some good facilities too such as sauna etc. The one thing t..."
About the hotel
The Portland Hotel is located in the heart of the city centre on Portland Street situated in the Piccadilly Gardens area and just a short 5 minute walk from Piccadilly Railway Station. Ideal for both business and leisure in Manchester, the hotel is within easy reach of the city’s many attractions, including the Arndale Centre - Europe’s largest city-centre shopping, the MEN Arena, Lowry Centre, the hallowed turf of Old Trafford and also Manchester's Palace and Opera House Theatres. The Portland Hotel has 204 bedrooms fully air conditioned en- suite bedrooms.
The hotel facilities include 24 hour room service The Portland Street Restaurant and leisure club with plunge pool and gym facilities entrance is included for your stay. Now offering superfast unlimited Free Wi-Fi throughout the property to all guests. The hotel offers 9 conference rooms with facilities for up to 300 people. NCP Grand parking available at the rear of the hotel discount available if paying at hotel 24 hours £16. 90.
Showing Wednesday 25 November 2015 to Thursday 26 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Solarium , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
76% would recommend it to a friend
The Portland Hotel
Everything about our stay was fine.
The only thing I would comment on was the chatter and giggling from the "staff room" next door to our bedroom. It was loud enough to wake us in the early hours and lasted for some time and ended with the loud slamming of doors!
NOT AS BAD AS PREVIOUS REVIEWERS MADE ME BELIEVE!
Great, central location.
Rooms not as small as I was led to believe. Perfect for single traveller. Good heating system. Good, strong shower system in a slightly dated but clean bathroom. Customer service was superb. All reception staff were v helpful and called back to check my heating system was working OK. Gym area is tiny but lovely jacuzzi. Small pool but adequate to swim in. Single-sex sauna was great. V welcoming and great value for money. Breakfast had a good range of tasty hot food plus granola. I got veggie sausages within ten mins of requesting them. Overall..v satisfied with hotel. Speedy checkout service too.