- Very Good
- 38 guest reviews
"The hotel overall was in a great location at the start of the Southend Pier, however I think it relies on this too much. The staff all seeme..."
"The staff of the hotel were lovely. Once they solved the problem of us not actually being booked in for 2 nights stay. They did take a hour..."
"The room was nice, with a lovely balcony and sea view. The breakfast was okay, nothing special but the staff were polite in the restaurant...."
"Arrived late at the hotel to check in. Friendly welcome from the receptionist who advised I had been upgraded to a sea view room. Room was l..."
"Lovely hotel, staff were brilliant. Rooms could do with a bit of TLC but breakfast was fab...."
About the hotel
The Park Inn Palace Hotel, Southend-on-Sea opened in March 2010, offers guests a stylish and exciting base from which to explore this beautiful seaside resort in the East of England. Located opposite Southend Pier, overlooking the mouth of the River Thames in the heart of the town's tourist area, this hotel will provide excellent modern amenities and welcomes both leisure and business travellers, with free Wi-Fi available. The full service Park Inn Palace Hotel Southend-on-Sea promises a comfortable stay in bright and modern rooms at affordable prices.
Please note: the hotel does not have onsite car parking, however parking is available at the Royals Car Park directly opposite the hotel. Special overnight rate of £5 from 5pm until 9am the following day. Normal charges apply outside these times.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Interconnecting rooms available, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Fitness Centre, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 23:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
58% would recommend it to a friend
Relies on location
The hotel overall was in a great location at the start of the Southend Pier, however I think it relies on this too much.
The staff all seemed more interested in ha my conversations between themselves rather than serving customers. We sat in the resturant for over 20min without being offered menus or drinks and every time we wanted anything including the bill it was an effort to locate a staff member how would help. I feel very sorry for the young guy who helped serve our table who was obviously very new (I would almost say his first night) as he was very eager to help but didn't know what to do and had no support from anyone around. Over all the room and the location was great the staff let the place down.
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
The staff of the hotel were lovely.
Once they solved the problem of us not actually being booked in for 2 nights stay. They did take a hour to sort out a room for us once I told them that I was not acceptable. Booking hadn't been made via LateRooms.com.
Was not impressed at booking in or not being down for Breakfast the first morning. However it was dealt with quickly. The staff were really nice especially Anna. Who made sure we foot extra pillows on our second night for my 2 teenaged daughters at 15pm. Excellent sized family room. But would say bathroom was small. Clean and tidy and had everything you needed.