- 89 guest reviews
"Excellent hotel and staff members are very friendly and officiant , valet parking and even loading your luggage in your car while you wait ...."
"The hotel has,original features and a large, luxurious room and bathroom. Especially loved using the Molten Brown toiletries. Only two thin..."
"Our daughter was treated extremly well, and made most welcome..."
"cant wait to go again...."
"Hotel is absolutely beautiful, spotlessly clean, rooms are perfect and the staff are so accommodating. After using the spa I was unfortunate..."
About the hotel
The 5-star Grand offers stylish rooms and a luxury vaulted Spa. Set in the iconic Grade II Listed former railway headquarters, it has bedrooms that feature free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV, bathrobes, slippers, Molton Brown toiletries and an evening turn down service. A modern British menu is available in the 2 AA Rosette-awarded Hudson's, while traditional afternoon teas are served daily in the HQ Restaurant.
The cosy bar offers beverages and snacks, and fresh continental breakfasts are served daily. The luxury 'Spa at The Grand' has a 14 metre swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room. There is also a modern fitness centre and elegant treatment rooms, offering face and body care treatments. An NCP car park is next to the hotel, and guests' cars will be valet parked from the front door. York Rail Station is just 3 minutes’ walk from The Grand, and the historical city centre, picturesque Shambles and boutique shops are less than half a mile away.
Showing Thursday 30 July 2015 to Friday 31 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite, Valet Parking
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
The Grand Hotel & Spa
Excellent hotel and staff members are very friendly and officiant , valet parking and even loading your luggage in your car while you wait .
Defiantly stay again and this truly is a 5 star hotel and the best in York. Would recommend booking spa treatments in advance of your stay as they book up quickly . Must give special mention to doorman Darren who went above and beyond to look after guests .
Stunning hotel in the heart of York
The hotel has,original features and a large, luxurious room and bathroom.
Especially loved using the Molten Brown toiletries.
Only two things to improve on 1) somewhere to hang dressing gowns and leave slippers safely at the pool as mine was taken by another guest. This was dealt with promptly by the spa receptionist by providing replacements immediately 2) asked room service for an ice bucket and champagne flutes as it was my birthday but sadly did not arrive.