- Very Good
- 67 guest reviews
"I booked the room for our wedding anniversary. I knew the cost was at the upper limit of our budget but the size of the room, the cleanlines..."
"Check in was 3pm but we were kept waiting for 45 mins as we chose not to accept a ground floor room. A complimentary drink would have been a..."
"Spacious bedroom, sumptuous bed, stunning bathroom. Warm, cosy and grand - ideal...."
"Excellent Hotel although on the expensive side..."
"Excellent hotel and staff members are very friendly and officiant , valet parking and even loading your luggage in your car while you wait ...."
About the hotel
The 5-star Grand offers stylish rooms and a luxury vaulted Spa. Set in the iconic Grade II Listed former railway headquarters, it has bedrooms that feature free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV, bathrobes, slippers, Molton Brown toiletries and an evening turn down service. A modern British menu is available in the 2 AA Rosette-awarded Hudson's, while traditional afternoon teas are served daily in the HQ Restaurant.
The cosy bar offers beverages and snacks, and fresh continental breakfasts are served daily. The luxury 'Spa at The Grand' has a 14 metre swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room. There is also a modern fitness centre and elegant treatment rooms, offering face and body care treatments. An NCP car park is next to the hotel, and guests' cars will be valet parked from the front door. York Rail Station is just 3 minutes’ walk from The Grand, and the historical city centre, picturesque Shambles and boutique shops are less than half a mile away.
Showing Monday 30 November 2015 to Tuesday 1 December 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite , Valet Parking
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
Excellent stay that exceeded expectations
I booked the room for our wedding anniversary.
I knew the cost was at the upper limit of our budget but the size of the room, the cleanliness and the quality of it was superb. Minor marks knocked off for a grubby mark on the curtain and the windows difficult to use. There was also some noise outside which I don't think could be helped. As soon as we arrived the staff made us feel welcome (which isn't easy for me as I often feel intimidated by posh, grand places as if I don't belong!). We were offered a complimentary glass of champagne each and every member of staff were sure to say "hello" when they passed us. Breakfast was excellent and allowing us still to use the spa after we had checked out was a generous touch. I would recommend this hotel to anybody visiting York. My only worry is that I might become too accustomed to such luxury!
A relaxing break
Check in was 3pm but we were kept waiting for 45 mins as we chose not to accept a ground floor room.
A complimentary drink would have been appropriate. This was not an ideal start. Generally had a pleasant stay. The first night's sleep was disrupted by noisy students outside the hotel but the duty manager kindly offered us an alternative room which had a nicer bathroom and was quieter. An upgraded room would have appeased the chore of packing up our belongings again though.Rooms and service lacked the 5 star factor.