This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
Enjoy Pentillie Castle this year by booking B&B accommodation (Late Rooms discount inc in room rate), and explore the stunning landscaped gardens in all their glory. Pentillie Castle is recently refurbished family-run boutique accommodation on the border of Devon and Cornwall. Nine luxuriously appointed double bedrooms (one downstairs for guests with limited mobility) provide traditional country house accommodation, with a modern twist.
All the bathrooms are brand new and offer power showers, most also offer deep baths. Each room has a television, tea and coffee making facilities, fabulous views, comfortable Vi-Spring beds and wonderful linen. Toiletries are provided from the Cath Collins range. There is a games room with pool, table tennis and Sky Sports for guests enjoyment. The outdoor, Solar power heated swimming pool is open from April until September, and as if this isn't enough, the gardens, recently compared to those of the Lost Gardens of Heligan by Channel 4's Ruth Watson, are yours to explore. Awarded a Gold award for B&B/Guest Accommodation at the Visit England Awards for Excellence 2012, Pentillie is not just a luxury place to stay but is also imbibed with history. Originally built in 1698 when James Tillie, a flamboyant businessman, built his grand home on the Cornish bank of the River Tamar and erected a statue of himself outside. In 1809, the family had more money to play with, and commissioned 18th Century architect William Wilkins, renowned for his Gothic flair, to transform Pentillie into a castle. However, by 1968, dated amenities and inheritance taxes led to the demolition of three wings, and the scaling down of this tremendous property to its current size and layout . Pentillie Castle is also available for exclusive hire, corporate meetings and conferences.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Outdoor Pool , Croquet , Table Tennis , Snooker/Billiards , Clay Pigeon Shooting
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Laundry/Valet Service
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet