- Very Good
- 1 guest reviews
"Although my partner and I have visited Barcelona before, we have never stayed for a week so wanted somewhere reasonably priced and in a good..."
About the hotel
A concept. A hotel. A city.
A neighbourhood. A chill out space. A bar. And many other things you will not see elsewhere. Rooms that change color several times a day. Mirrored walls. Curtains that dazzle. Stylish & comfortable sofas. A common area. A simple yet stylish restaurant. And this is just the beginning……. We have done away with pretentious service and old-fashioned notions of luxury. In everything else, we have out done ourselves. So, does glamour have a price? Perhaps it does but it is not as unattainable as we may think.
Showing Saturday 30 May 2015 to Sunday 31 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Fitness Centre
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- Doctor on call, Public Air Conditioning
- Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 10/09/2012 to 27/09/2019 - City tax will be charged at the hotel from 1st november on, price per person per night with a maximum of 7 night stay. children under 16 are exempt of payment. The LateRooms.com rates for Chic & Basic Born in Barcelona are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Fantastic place to stay in Barcelona
Although my partner and I have visited Barcelona before, we have never stayed for a week so wanted somewhere reasonably priced and in a good location.
Chic and Basic Born was perfect, quirky and original yet in a lovely old building-best of both worlds. The lighting is an experience in itself. We were upgraded on arrival to a larger room on the front of the building overlooking the street, with a lovely wrought iron balcony. We loved to sit with a coffee and watch the world go by (and occasionally marvel at the dreadful attempts at parking!). There was even a film shoot outside one day for a car commercial, fascinating. I appreciate the 'basic' concept but thought the cleaning could have been a bit more thorough...nothing major though, just me being a bit picky perhaps. Loved the help yourself to tea, coffee and water idea too. I can't comment on the food as we don't usually eat breakfast, although the bar prices were very reasonable. The location of the hotel is perfect, Born is a lovely part of the city and we walked everywhere so saved on transport costs. Gus, one of the managers, was lovely, very helpful and interesting to talk to. All in all, we had a fantastic time and will definitely stay again in the future.