- Very Good
- 39 guest reviews
"Arrived to our room it smelt of cigarette; I alerted the lady at the front desk was indeed be apologetic and asked if here was something she..."
"Unfortunately we had no hot water so had tepid showers. The room was comfortable but small. The menu in the dining room was unusual and the..."
"Had a great stay, made to feel welcome - by friendly staff. Stayed at Porthouse Rooms in Millhouse. Tidy room, nice character - a little ex..."
"Would stay here again, good service and excellent food in restaurant..."
"A fantastic hotel that caters for all. The room was a fantastic size, the Spa, pool, gym and golf course were incredible attributes and make..."
About the hotel
A stunning period property with Golf course and spa, set in 70 acres of its own parkland just outside the attractive market town of Darlington. Conveniently located only half a mile from the A1, the building is a 15th century manor house, originally part of the Bishop of Durham's estate. It has its own Par 73 golf course, a beautiful indoor swimming pool together with a steam room, Jacuzzi, sauna and gymnasium: It is easy to see why the Hall Garth Hotel offers every opportunity to relax and enjoy the tranquil countryside setting.
The guest rooms and suites each offer en-suite bathroom, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, hairdryer, iron and ironing board and tea and coffee making facilities with further refreshments available throughout the day or night from Room Service. The exquisite rooms range from contemporary to luxuriously traditional, each offering views over the beautiful 70 acre estate. Food and drink have always been essential pleasures for guests at a country estate. At Hall Garth Country Club, this tradition continues. Each of the restaurants has its own bar and outdoor terrace, with unique views, ideal for outdoor entertaining or just to enjoy a drink! Afternoon tea can also be enjoyed in the Lounges and, if you're making a stay of it and want a picnic hamper, then you only have to ask. The extensive leisure facilities including a nine hole, par 72 golf course, which boasts a medieval hunting lodge as a feature! The leisure club offers a beautiful indoor swimming pool together with a steam room, whirlpool, sauna, gymnasium and solarium.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Golf 9 Hole , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi , Pitch n' Putt , Croquet
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 17/09/2013 to 31/12/2022 - Please note Friday to Sunday there is a later check in time of 3PM. Please note from 07/09/15 for approx. 12 weeks works will take place on the leisure club reception , facilities will still be open The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Worst stay ever
Booked for my 8 month pregnant wife as a treat for her birthday and our wedding anniversary.
thought the hotel was going to be fab but unfortunately not. put above a pub rather than in hotel was like staying in a B&B. room was vile, dropping to bits, the bed was like lying on the solid floor so uncomfortable. pillows exactly the same. deco was disgusting. window never shut properly. the whole place is a shambles. food choice is poor. we drove out for food on the night as we couldnt bare to stay in the hotel and the breakfast was an utter disgrace. staff didn't have a clue what day it was never mind help us couldnt tell us where milk, bowls etc was and when breakfast came you wouldnt of fed it to the animals. highly disappointed couldnt wait to get home.
Arrived to our room it smelt of cigarette; I alerted the lady at the front desk was indeed be apologetic and asked if here was something she could do, I believe her name was Yasmin.
I completed a questionnaire with my experience however no-one got back to me. Otherwise the view from my room was great, the grounds were well manicured and beautiful.