- Very Good
- 3 guest reviews
"I was satisfied with everything here but "Half boilled eggs and soldires" which I ordered at one breakfast. There came a big plate on which..."
"We stayed 2 nights in a room at the back of the hotel...very quiet-lovely room comfy bed AND feather pillows [that's a first] -free parking..."
"Great location,tricky parking ,tired room and dated decour...."
About the hotel
This restored 15th century coaching inn is situated in the heart of the small medieval city of Wells by the cathedral green and just metres away from the ancient marketplace - Situated in the city centre- the hotel is a great base from which to discover historic Wells and the surrounding areas of beauty and interest in Somerset - Bristol - Bath - Glastonbury - Cheddar - Clarks Village - Wookey Hole and Longleat are all close by - Head Chef Matthew Briddon (River Cafe) run the kitchens at The White Hart and offers british classics in their informal dining room. The hotel offers 16 en suite bedrooms - a large function and banqueting suite and a ground-floor restaurant. The restaurant is open Thursday - Saturday only.
There is limited parking at the hotel - please contact the hotel directly to book a space
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Business Centre
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Pets Allowed
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
Calm but in the middle of a small city
I was satisfied with everything here but "Half boilled eggs and soldires" which I ordered at one breakfast.
There came a big plate on which there were two egg stands with eggs, and then folloed toastes. I am a tourist from Japan unfortunately I didn't know what a soldier means in a breakfast menu. It was a nice surprise for the bored stomach with every morning full breakfasts. I might be more surprised if this menu were "A half boiled egg and soldiers" and served one simple egg on the centre of a big plate.
good hotel -excellent value
We stayed 2 nights in a room at the back of the hotel...very quiet-lovely room comfy bed AND feather pillows [that's a first] -free parking only slight downside was there was no window in our room  so a bit hot a night..otherwise excellent value..will stay again