- Very Good
- 11 guest reviews
"Hotel with lots of character right in the centre of Shaftesbury. Very comfortable hotel in lovely location...."
"Nicely looked after property with interesting and relaxing courtyard area, bar and restraunt. Bam was very helpful on reception - giving som..."
"Exceptional hotel, the rooms are divine..."
"Smack in centre of town , shops and eateries . Lovely hotel although slightly shabby with threadbare carpets and bubbling paintwork in the b..."
"Excellent hotel, probably best hotel ever stayed in. Great location. Reception quirky with desk rather than counter and lady on reception co..."
About the hotel
Welcome to The Grosvenor Arms – the heartbeat of the famous Dorset town of Shaftesbury and is located at an only couple of minutes walk from Shaftesbury Abbey . We recently restored The Grosvenor Arms many original architectural and design features have been restored, and a whole new philosophy has been introduced. We are focused on the highest levels of hospitality; on playing a full role in the local community, and on supporting and encouraging local suppliers.
There are 16 bedrooms at The Grosvenor Arms in Dorset. All rooms feature tea and coffee facilities, flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi. Public parking is available in a location close to the hotel and is free of charge. Choose from: cosy double, spacious double, deluxe double, junior suite or suite – each one is beautifully appointed and furnished, decorated in a style appropriate to one of Shaftesbury’s oldest inns, but complete with the modern facilities you expect. There are five different areas to the Grosvenor restaurant – the main dining area, two smaller seating areas, and the pizza/delicatessen area for less formal occasions and the conservatory and courtyard for alfresco dining. There is a wood-burning oven where you can see your pizza or shoulder of pork being cooked. The bar at The Grosvenor Arms in Shaftesbury is open all day. There is an open fireplace, comfortable, aged leather seating and wood-panelled walls, in a large, flexible area overlooking the courtyard.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 23:00
- Up to 13 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
The Grosvenor Arms
Hotel with lots of character right in the centre of Shaftesbury.
Very comfortable hotel in lovely location.
Shaftesbury pit stop
Nicely looked after property with interesting and relaxing courtyard area, bar and restraunt.
Bam was very helpful on reception - giving some great local knowledge to make my short stay an enjoyable and productive one.