- Very Good
- 24 guest reviews
"It was only 50.00. Room faced the road and was noisy and there was an arguing couple next door. So not much sleep. Food in the Nepalese rest..."
"This is a very good value - low end hotel. Clean, quiet and comfortable. But very basi - poor water pressure in my room - ensuite in need of..."
"Staff were very welcoming and engaging. The room was smaller than expected . but clean and comfortable. The room was situated in the South A..."
"When I booked I didn't know what to expect. Friendly staff, modern clean room, comfortable bed and a good shower. Ticks all my boxes, I woul..."
"Staff very, very nice and helpful. I am not usually a curry fan but the food was excellent. The accommodation first class...."
About the hotel
This historic Grade II listed building dating back to 1700 is a 10 minute walk from the town centre and train station, and offers renovated, comfortable interiors. Restored to a high standard, The Globe Hotel has excellent bus connections to the University of Essex and other surrounding areas of Colchester. The mainline station is in walking distance which has very good connections to London Liverpool Street every 20 minutes.
A 55 minute train journey can bring you to London. As a small family-run establishment, high standards are maintained throughout, to ensure customers are happy during their stay.
Showing Sunday 29 November 2015 to Monday 30 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Porter , Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
It was only 50.00.
Room faced the road and was noisy and there was an arguing couple next door. So not much sleep. Food in the Nepalese restaurant downstairs was good which was the major redeeming feature.
This is a very good value - low end hotel.
Clean, quiet and comfortable. But very basi - poor water pressure in my room - ensuite in need of updating. Nonetheless - I would stay here again.