- Very Good
- 33 guest reviews
"Fablous suite, we were in Woodford Suite as we had our dog. Seperate access with own front door. Fantastic for people who want to treat thei..."
"We enjoyed our one night stay for my partner's birthday i upgraded to the executive suite for £15.00 over the phone a few weeks prior to arr..."
"The hotel looks to have had some work carried out recently. One of our rooms was noticably better than the other. If they all are brought up..."
"Team were really friendly and helpful. The hotel was quaint and homely, a perfect base for a visit to the area. Breakfast was delicious too...."
"staff made the hotel , help overlook any small issues..."
About the hotel
Smiths Court – set on the clifftop to the east of Margate – is privately owned and family run and, is Margate's only three star premier hotel. This ‘elegant Victorian’ has all the modern conveniences expected by the discerning traveller, but retains a quintessentially English charm. Offering a quiet attentive service to business and leisure guests, It’s an ideal retreat after a long day exploring Kent’s history, our amazing blue flag beaches, or indeed after a busy day at the office! 43 standard and executive rooms many with sea views or balconies some enjoying superb sea views and spectacular ‘Turner’ sunsets.
All rooms are en suite with direct dial telephones, tea and coffee making facilities and hospitality tray. In-room safes have recently been added to all rooms. Disabled facilities include a fully equipped suite and lift access to most rooms. Grounds include a sheltered sun patio and private car parking. The Orangery restaurant, open daily for lunch and dinner, menus are entirely rewritten for each season – with minor tweaks in between to take account of good or poor growing conditions at our major vegetable suppliers, Nash Farm. Most of our meat is from Monks Hill farm, and our fish from the Margate boat or Romney Marsh fisheries. Our bread is baked by Giovanni, and our eggs laid by chickens too numerous to name, living at Woodlands Farm! Fruit now comes from Sunshine growers in Stodmarsh, from which we make our own Jams and preserves – and almost everything else!
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Mountain Bike Hire , Bowls
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
Fablous Dog Friendly
Fablous suite, we were in Woodford Suite as we had our dog.
Seperate access with own front door. Fantastic for people who want to treat their furbaby to a day on the neach.
good value for money and good breakfast
We enjoyed our one night stay for my partner's birthday i upgraded to the executive suite for £15.00 over the phone a few weeks prior to arrival.
i rated it with a 5m and not a 6 as a couple of minor points, the room number 24, on entry it was noticeable that the sheets were not ironed or pressed. Bed was comfortable. Being that this was an executive suite, furniture and carpet was a little tired. The orangy was beautiful, the food, good quality, hot on arrival. Staff were friendly and helpful. We would stay here again.