- Very Good
- 31 guest reviews
"Hotel was clean and staff very helpful and friendly. Enjoyed stay and would stay there again. Breakfast was great, cooked to order...."
"Staff, facilities and location all great value and made for a great last minute trip. Free upgrade was a nice bonus from hotel! Will be comi..."
"Well firstly we had a free upgrade to a sea view room due to a party and the staff did not want our stay to be interrupted by this. The room..."
"Lovely Hotel, very nice stay..."
"Room was a bit dated but all in all it was adequate to my needs...."
About the hotel
Smiths Court – set on the clifftop to the east of Margate – is privately owned and family run and, is Margate's only three star premier hotel. This ‘elegant Victorian’ has all the modern conveniences expected by the discerning traveller, but retains a quintessentially English charm. Offering a quiet attentive service to business and leisure guests, It’s an ideal retreat after a long day exploring Kent’s history, our amazing blue flag beaches, or indeed after a busy day at the office! 43 standard and executive rooms many with sea views or balconies some enjoying superb sea views and spectacular ‘Turner’ sunsets.
All rooms are en suite with direct dial telephones, tea and coffee making facilities and hospitality tray. In-room safes have recently been added to all rooms. Disabled facilities include a fully equipped suite and lift access to most rooms. Grounds include a sheltered sun patio and private car parking. The Orangery restaurant, open daily for lunch and dinner, menus are entirely rewritten for each season – with minor tweaks in between to take account of good or poor growing conditions at our major vegetable suppliers, Nash Farm. Most of our meat is from Monks Hill farm, and our fish from the Margate boat or Romney Marsh fisheries. Our bread is baked by Giovanni, and our eggs laid by chickens too numerous to name, living at Woodlands Farm! Fruit now comes from Sunshine growers in Stodmarsh, from which we make our own Jams and preserves – and almost everything else!
Showing Friday 27 November 2015 to Saturday 28 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Mountain Bike Hire , Bowls
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
77% would recommend it to a friend
Hotel was clean and staff very helpful and friendly.
Enjoyed stay and would stay there again. Breakfast was great, cooked to order.
Staff, facilities and location all great value and made for a great last minute trip.
Free upgrade was a nice bonus from hotel. Will be coming again