- 3 guest reviews
"Great location - approx 15 minutes walk from the nearest big shopping mall Foro and to central funchal and the marina. For those that don't..."
"This hotel is faultless. Rooms are the biggest I have stayed in and the bed is huge. Great that there was seating and a table in the room an..."
About the hotel
The Porto Mare hotel occupies the central wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort and benefits from the use of all its facilities. There are many different corners and atmospheres here . .
. something new to discover everyday. The rooms combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. Four restaurants, six bars, an ice-cream parlour, five pools, SPA, sports and children's facilities. . . Located in Funchal with an innovative concept, the Vila Porto Mare resort offers facilities which are common to three outlets – Suite Hotel Eden Mar, Hotel Porto Mare and The Residence; however, the character of each one of these is guaranteed by individual receptions and different room/apartment types. The Vila Porto Mare gardens represent one of the most interesting botanical oases in Madeira. The 13,400m2 of subtropical gardens with more than 400 unique botanical species identified with individual explanatory tags make this green area a real paradise. Here you will be literally enveloped by some of the flora that is so abundant in Madeira. . .
- Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Babysitting services, Cots available, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Childrens Facilities - Indoor, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor, Doctor on call, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Outdoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Jacuzzi, Squash Courts, Tennis Courts, Table Tennis, Snooker/Billiards, [Channels] News, [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 23:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Great location - approx 15 minutes walk from the nearest big shopping mall Foro and to central funchal and the marina.
For those that don't enjoy a walk - this will cost you no more than 5/6 euros in a taxi - which are everywhere near to the hotel. The facilities were great and easy to use - from the gym, tennis to the spa facilities.
Hotel staff were welcoming and friendly - always happy to help and answered any requests in a timely manner during our stay.
Breakfast which was included was delicious - plenty on offer.
Would definitely stay here again in future. Many thanks team Porto Mare!
This hotel is faultless.
Rooms are the biggest I have stayed in and the bed is huge. Great that there was seating and a table in the room and the balcony was also large with a great view of the gardens and the sea. Immaculately clean throughout the hotel. Food was excellent. Staff were great - professional, friendly and efficient. Location was excellent. Overlooking the promenade and sea and a short walk into Funchal town. The grounds, pools and garden were absolutely stunning. We don't often make return visits but hope to visit Madeira and Porto Mare Hotel again.