- Very Good
- 31 guest reviews
"Everything was very good apart from the squeaky bed. Reported it to staff the next day and they said they would act upon the information. St..."
"Due to a family emergency requiring us to be in Canterbury the following day, we needed somewhere to stay in a hurry. LateRooms found us thi..."
"Excellent service and accommodation. Meals were superb. Only downside was broadband reach which wasn't too good in our room. But minor compa..."
"Staff very helpful..."
"a pretty hotel, very handy for Canterbury while still being in a more rural spot. Staff were very friendly indeed...."
About the hotel
This intimate and historic hotel is 2 miles from Canterbury and close to Dover, Ashford and the Eurostar. There are 15 bedrooms, some of which date back to the 1640s. A small part of the building is thought to date back to around 1350.
Enjoy freshly cooked French-style cuisine in the romantic restaurant. The family-run hotel has 5 acres of gardens and is surrounded by fruit trees and the hills of the North Downs. It is minutes away from Canterbury city centre.
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
94% would recommend it to a friend
Everything was very good apart from the squeaky bed.
Reported it to staff the next day and they said they would act upon the information. Staff and food was very good. Would stay here again.
Due to a family emergency requiring us to be in Canterbury the following day, we needed somewhere to stay in a hurry.
LateRooms found us this delightful country hotel just outside the city and conveniently situated on the A28. The extensive surrounding grounds - lawns, trees and gardens - would be ideal for wedding photos. The building itself is of monastic origin, substantially modified over time resulting in an almost unique blend of quaintness and modernity. Monasteries didn't have lifts, and neither does this hotel, so if stairs are a problem, take note. On the other hand, a helpful and courteous staff are more than willing to give a hand with any awkward or heavy luggage. Having made this discovery, we now plan to return under less stressful circumstances to enjoy the hotel and the surrounding area.