"Having travelled to Amsterdam by ferry which took 22hrs due to bad weather, we decided to fly back and book a hotel overnight. This was the..."
About the hotel
The Hampshire Hotel – Lancaster is in the centre of Amsterdam, in Plantagebuurt, and is an ideal family hotel. This sociable neighbourhood on the east of the city has numerous great cafés and restaurants. Of course you shouldn’t miss a visit to the area’s most well-known attraction: the Artis Zoo.
With tropical fish in the monumental Aquarium, giraffes, elephants and other small, large, loveable and exciting animals, the Zoo provides entertainment for the whole family. There are also various interesting museums in this greenest part of the city, such as the Tropenmuseum with special stories and objects from across the world, the Hermitage Amsterdam with its impressive exhibitions and the Joods Historisch Museum. Also close to Hampshire Hotel – Lancaster Amsterdam is the Waterlooplein with its legendary flea market. Guests can relax, exercise or picnic in the nearby Oosterpark.
Showing Monday 30 November 2015 to Tuesday 1 December 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other)
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 21/05/2013 to 29/05/2020 - City tax will be charged at 5% of reservation on departure. The LateRooms.com rate for Hampshire Hotel - Lancaster Amsterdam in Amsterdam is the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All taxes are included, with the exception of city tax, which will be charged at 5.00% of your total accommodation price and is payable to the hotel directly.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
50% would recommend it to a friend
Last minute booking but great hotel within walking distance of the centre
Having travelled to Amsterdam by ferry which took 22hrs due to bad weather, we decided to fly back and book a hotel overnight.
This was the cheapest at £92, not bad for a sat night, last minute and valentines weekend. A short walk from the centre, the hotel is in a quiet area. If was very welcoming and free tea/coffee in the reception area. It was a flying visit for us but would Definately stay here again. Staff were extremely helpful and even let us use the computer and printer to check in online :) rooms were modern, well equipped with tea and coffee facilities. Comfy bed with small bathroom but perfect for what we needed. We got an extra day to see Amsterdam, left our bags at the hotel in a luggage room and ended valentines weekend perfectly :)