- 7 guest reviews
"We had an absolutely wonderful stay at this hotel for valentines day - the room was so luxurious with views and a bathroom to die for! We at..."
"The rooms were all newly refurbished, the bathroom was completely new. The bath was spacious, and there was a separate shower with two showe..."
"Good hotel, staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast very good and we also had evening meals in hotel. Food excellent in all respects and..."
"We booked the Kingswell last minute. Upon arrival we were extremely please with our choice, it was decorated and furnished to a high standar..."
"Staff were very friendly and welcoming. The room itself was very clean and well presented. Food was expensive but delicious and very filling..."
About the hotel
The Kingswell is ideally situated close to the picturesque village of Harwell in the Thames Valley between Oxford and Newbury. It is the perfect spot for exploring the countryside, visiting friends and family or just relaxing in one of our spacious comfortable bedrooms. The Kingswell is also perfect for business stays and is only 5minutes from Milton Business Park and Harwell Business Centre.
All rooms benefit from complementary Wi-FI. The bedrooms are luxuriously appointed with comfortable furnishings, Kingsize or Twin beds with deep pocket sprung mattresses and perhaps for that romantic getaway, we also have a Four Poster Room. All bedrooms have en-suite facilities, baths and power showers. Fine Olde Worlde beamed restaurant and Lounge areas, serving superb food with an emphasis on fresh locally sourced produce. The Head Chef or one of our friendly team are always on hand to talk you through any special dietary requirements. The Kingswell is within easy access of the A34, M4 and the M40 and served by fast trains from London Paddington; Didcot Parkway is only 3 miles away. Heathrow Airport is approximately 60 miles.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Pets Allowed
- Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Perfect - apart from breakfast!
We had an absolutely wonderful stay at this hotel for valentines day - the room was so luxurious with views and a bathroom to die for.
We ate at the hotel restaurant in the evening and I cannot fault their service - when I advised I'm a vegetarian that doesn't eat mushrooms (and the only non mushroom veggie dish was unavailable..) the chef asked what I wanted and made me a special veggie burger - amazing service!!!. However breakfast the next day really let them down: we went down at 8.30am (breakfast started at 8am) and we asked for the continental breakfast and were then advised they had no pastries - only toast and cereal. Hardly continental. Shame breakfast was a let down because otherwise, a perfect stay.
Nice little find near Harwell
The rooms were all newly refurbished, the bathroom was completely new.
The bath was spacious, and there was a separate shower with two shower heads available. There was an iHome in the room so I could play my music, didn't watch tv as the remote batteries were dead but the wifi signal was okay so I watched Netflix on my laptop instead. Didn't have dinner at the hotel but the breakfast was good, with all hot food being cooked to order so if you wanted a quick dinner it'd have to be cereal.
One downside to the modern feel of the rooms is that there were two side lights and no main lights so the room was very dark - not ideal as I was travelling for business and had to find somewhere else to work. Customer service was good, although the request of our room keys whenever we left the hotel was inconvenient as we sometimes had to wait quite a while for someone to turn up at the front desk to retrieve them. Had a bit of trouble with the temperature of the room - it was always hot (i turned off my heating) so had to sleep with the windows open. Not ideal with the hotel being so close to a main road, but understandable as the hotel was still being renovated. All in all this was a great find, with the hotel being much more modestly priced than the De Vere and the Steventon House Hotel, both which aren't as clean or modern.