- 17 guest reviews
"Lovely Location and very friendly and helpful staff, but hotel needs to be given complete upgrade. or room rates halved...."
"You can find fault with all hotels, if you want, the hotel served my purpose, great spot on the river. As I was upgraded I cannot comment on..."
"Was okay. Don't believe the duff reviews from the keyboard warriors...."
"Booked for last minute night away for mini break whilst visiting friends. Hotel has a lovely location on bank of River Thames , very picture..."
"The Hotel is in a beautiful setting and has historical charm. The décor and carpets are a little worn and would benefit from some attention...."
About the hotel
Situated on one of the loveliest reaches of the River Thames, between Oxford and Henley, the Shillingford Bridge Hotel is the ideal place to relax and unwind. Enjoying a quarter mile stretch of river frontage, the hotel naturally offers coarse fishing, the hire of river craft from local boat yards, and also private moorings. The ground floor offers a modern contemporary look, whilst still in keeping with the traditional style of the building.
Tastefully designed with beautiful tiled floors comfy sofas and Canadian Oak tables and chairs, every part of the hotel provides an ideal place to meet up with friends and family. BT Openzone is available throughout the hotel, giving WiFi access in the public areas, bedrooms and conference rooms. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms including standard, premier and executive rooms both in the main hotel and grounds of the hotel, with some overlooking the lawns and River Thames. All rooms have flat screen colour television, radio, direct dial telephone, hairdryer and trouser press, together with tea and coffee making facilities. The Riverview Restaurant with its superb views across the grounds towards the river offers an extensive a la carte menu together with an excellent and imaginative wine list. Alternatively the River Bar serves a mouth-watering variety of light meals and snacks. During the warmer months meals are also served on the patio, where you can relax and enjoy the beautiful views across the river. Or maybe just relax in the comfortable lounge with an afternoon tea or pre-dinner drink. There is an outdoor heated swimming pool with adjacent children’s paddling pool set within the grounds overlooking the river, which is open during the summer months. The hotel has a large complimentary car park. The three versatile function rooms are ideal for all types of business and social gatherings, catering for up to 150 guests. Shillingford Bridge Hotel is also a popular venue for wedding receptions, with the river views providing a beautiful backdrop for the photographs of your special day. The hotel is also licensed for civil ceremonies giving us the opportunity to make your wedding day perfect from beginning to end.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Pets Allowed , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Outdoor Pool , [Channels] News
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 22/03/2013 to 31/12/2022 - Please be aware for bookings of 6 rooms or more additional terms will apply to your reservation. For full details please contact the hotel. The hotel accepts pets by prior arrangement only. Thank you The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
59% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely Location & Very Friendly Staff. Very Poor Decor does not justify room rates
Lovely Location and very friendly and helpful staff, but hotel needs to be given complete upgrade.
or room rates halved.
I was upgraded foc, which was nice
You can find fault with all hotels, if you want, the hotel served my purpose, great spot on the river.
As I was upgraded I cannot comment on a single room which I originally booked, so thanks is due there. One request I made was to put hot rail on in bathroom, was not done. Would defo book there again, my rating is 6/7 out of 10