- Very Good
- 111 guest reviews
"This is the second time I have stayed in Queen's Hotel and the standard was as good as it was before. The room was clean as were the bed and..."
"Central location, comfy bed and good shower...."
"Staff were very polite and friendly. Though unclear about the room number. Room was generally very clean though there was a large stain on t..."
"made very welcome by receptionist food was pay as you want it in the bar which was no problem. lovely breakfast. very cheap pub open until 2..."
"Stayed for one night. Great central location. Didn't pay too much so didn't expect too much but staff were friendly, the room was a reasonab..."
About the hotel
The Queen's Hotel is a grade II listed building which was built in 1863, soon after Bridge Street was laid out. We are ideally placed within the city centre being only 2 minutes’ walk from the main train station and plenty of car parking available in the area. We have 29 individual bedrooms and all have en suite shower facilities.
All of our rooms include tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryer, digital televisions and offer free wi-fi. Off site parking is available only 40 metres away. This hotel adjoins a Lloyds No. 1 bar which plays music in the evening. In certain rooms, music may be heard during the evening bar hours. We are ideally located only 5 minutes off Junction 25A of the M4 and 2 minutes’ walk from Newport train station. There are train connections to Cardiff, Swansea, Birmingham New Street, Manchester Piccadilly and London Paddington. Cardiff is only 20 minutes away by car and 15 minutes by train which is ideal for anyone planning a trip to the Millennium Stadium or concerts at the C. I. A. We are also less than a 10 minute walk from Rodney Parade, the home ground of The Newport Gwent Dragons and Newport RFC.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 12/05/2016 to 29/10/2025 - A 50% non-refundable deposit will be taken for any bookings with 5 or more rooms. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
Judgement day weekend
The room we were given was on the second floor No 211 right above the entrance to the bar.
The music went on until 2 am in the morning on both the Saturday & Sunday night. The room was very hot but we could not open the window because of the noise below. Two nights with little sleep.
This is the second time I have stayed in Queen's Hotel and the standard was as good as it was before.
The room was clean as were the bed and bathroom linen. TV worked and refreshment tray was well stocked. Hotel is easily accessible from rail and bus stations.