- Very Good
- 9 guest reviews
"owners and staff take a real pleasure in the formalisms of running a hotel. Even though we arrived in the dark covered in mud. Resturant exc..."
"Stay was excellent and the evening meal was stunning..."
"A late booking on line Friendly reception - dining room very busy with a local group, so had my evening meal in the lounge, reading the pape..."
"We broke our journey from Scotland to York with a night in this pleasant hotel. Thé staff were all pleasant and helpful - the hotel was char..."
"very accommodating and welcoming everything you could want for a stay...."
About the hotel
Nestled in the medieval town of Appleby, just outside the Lake District and 20 minutes from the M6, this intimate family-run hotel offers award-winning dining, luxury accommodation and free Wi-Fi. Originally a 16th Century coaching inn, it is now a Grade II listed building. Lovingly restored and refurbished, it blends the contemporary and the classical creating an atmosphere that is infused with both the traditional charms of the past and the sophisticated elegance of the present.
Each of the 22 en-suite guestrooms is beautifully appointed and individually furnished and decorated to the same exacting standards as the main building. The elegant Conservatory Restaurant has garnered an impressive local reputation. Their chefs are skilled at using fresh locally sourced produce to create delicious classic dishes with a unique modern twist. On the edge of the Lake District and within easy reach of the North Yorkshire Moors and Dales, it’s perfectly positioned for those wishing to explore the spectacular scenery and unspoilt beauty of the area.
Showing Tuesday 2 June 2015 to Wednesday 3 June 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 18/02/2015 to 31/12/2015 - Please Note - A fixed deposit of GBP 60 will be charged at the time of booking. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
Excellent place, very proper service
owners and staff take a real pleasure in the formalisms of running a hotel.
Even though we arrived in the dark covered in mud. Resturant excellent, as was the bar and room. Will definitely have to dream up a reason to go back to Appleby.
Stay was excellent and the evening meal was stunning