"If you are looking for caviar and butler service then go elsewhere. However, if all you want is a good night's sleep then 'the Crown and Anc..."
"a hotel that has greatly improved since the last time I was there but should be treated as a value hotel and is not perfect..."
"We were very pleased with our two nights. Room was nice and breakfast was lovely...."
"The room was small and tidy but ot looked like it was last updated in the 90's except for the TV...."
"Very good stay, good stop off point for Alton Towers and is value for money. Great breakfast and the room was good but no spoons for stiring..."
About the hotel
Situated in Longton the Crown and Anchor offers a no frills budget accomodation and is an ideal place to stay for business travellers with easy access to the M6, M1, A500 and A50 but with Alton Towers, Trentham Estates, The Potteries and Fenton Manor all close by is also a good location for leisure guests. For football fans the hotel is situated just a 5 minutes drive from the Brittania stadium, home of Stoke City Football Club. All of the bedrooms in this victorian building, which still boasts many of its original features, are located on the first and second floor and all come with ensuite bathrooms, TV with freeview and tea/coffee making facilities.
Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas and guests can make use of free on-site parking. The hotel offers great value food served daily in its Sizzlers Steakhouse restaurant and bar. Breakfast is served daily with both cooked and lighter option available.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 24/02/2016 to 26/02/2025 - Restaurant times are 6pm-8:30pm, Monday to Saturday. Breakfast is served Monday to Friday 7-9am and Saturday and Sunday 8-10am. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
41% would recommend it to a friend
My original room was given to someone else.
No television. Springs poking through mattress. Holes in the wall in the bathroom. Trickly shower. Didn't return for our second night.
My stay at the Crown and Anchor
If you are looking for caviar and butler service then go elsewhere.
However, if all you want is a good night's sleep then 'the Crown and Anchor' in Longton does the job. The hotel is also only five minutes from the local train and bus interchange and also a big shopping centre.