- Very Good
- 2 guest reviews
"Quite interesting experience, very affordable hotel with unique authentic arabian style. Very interesting. The room was clean and feels like..."
"I have stayed in Dubai several times on business, and each time the hotel was comfortable but troubled by road noise. No such problem with O..."
About the hotel
Located in Dubai’s historic Bastakiya heritage area, The Orient Guest House offers traditional Arabic hospitality and an authentic taste of a bygone age, with peace and tranquility to match. This traditional 2-storey villa has been carefully preserved and sensitively restored to its former glory. The guest house offers 10 comfortable room decorated in a traditional Arabian style.
The house also has a majlis (or lounge) offering travellers an authentic taste of times gone by as they relax in the serene surroundings. In the heart of the lively surroundings of Bur Dubai, the guest house is within easy walking distance of the Dubai Museum, the Meena Bazaar, Bank Street and Computer Street. Dubai Creek is also just a short stroll away and you can take a charming traditional abra (or water taxi) to Deira, from the abra station that is just a few minutes away.
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Gymnasium , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 30/03/2014 to 01/01/2023 - All stays in Dubai are subject to the 'Tourism Dirham'. This is a small tax per room per night that will be charged at the hotel. This is a requirement of the Dubai Tourism board. The LateRooms.com rate for Orient Guest House in Dubai is the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All taxes are included, with the exception of city tax, which will be charged at 20.00% of your total accommodation price and is payable to the hotel directly.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Authentic arabian style in the center of Dubai
Quite interesting experience, very affordable hotel with unique authentic arabian style.
Very interesting. The room was clean and feels like old arabian home, which was the intention of the owner. Very good
A rare dose of peace and tranquility in Dubai
I have stayed in Dubai several times on business, and each time the hotel was comfortable but troubled by road noise.
No such problem with Orient Guest House - it is just off a main road but a haven of peace and tranquility - no road noise at all disturbed me. It is very close to a mosque, and I was once disturbed by the call to prayer, but to me it is part of the character of the place. It is situated in a heritage area, so is one of the very few parts of Dubai without tower blocks, and is a fascinating area to walk around and explore. It is close to the metro system, being a 5-10 minute walk away (as long as it is not too hot, of course). It is also a very short walk from the creek. For me, it was close to perfect for my needs, and if you are looking for a haven of peace in the middle of the city with real arabian character then I would definitely recommend it. If, however, you prefer your hotel to have a spa, pool, multiple restaurants and bars, then look elsewhere.