- 3 guest reviews
"Overall good stay, but some problems with room door key not working on return to room. Happened 4 times so very fustrating. Room was on the..."
"Booked this Hotel so my family could rest prior to a 4 am Fllght from Dubai Airport. It fitted the bill to a Tee. Average to Good 5 Star Roo..."
About the hotel
Situated on the prestigious Al Maktoum Street, The Metropolitan Hotel Dubai offers an excellent location with good public transport connections. The hotel features a swimming pool and a sauna. All suites and rooms offer air conditioning, a seating area, an en suite bathroom and a flat-screen LCD TV.
Some of Metropolitan Palace Dubai's rooms also include a work desk and a refrigerator. Complimentary WiFI in all rooms. The Metropolitan features several restaurants, including the Lebanese-style Al Diwan and the Al Sharq Iraq Restaurant ,In addition, The Sketch is a cocktail bar serving fusion food in a stylish location. Guests can relax in the hotel's sauna and outdoor pool. The hotel provides a shuttle service to the 5* Deluxe Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa, located on Jumeirah Beach. Guests of the Metropolitan can make use of the Habtoor's facilities and beach area against an extra fee. The Metropolitan is located just 10 minutes' drive from Dubai International Airport.
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Airport Shuttle , Car Parking Available Offsite , Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Outdoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , Radio
- Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 30/03/2014 to 01/01/2023 - All stays in Dubai are subject to the 'Tourism Dirham'. This is a small tax per room per night that will be charged at the hotel. This is a requirement of the Dubai Tourism board. The LateRooms.com rate for Carlton Palace Hotel Dubai (Formerly Metropolitan Palace Hotel) in Dubai is the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All taxes are included, with the exception of city tax, which will be charged at 20.00% of your total accommodation price and is payable to the hotel directly.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
33% would recommend it to a friend
Hotel Stay in Nov 14 for 4 nights
Overall good stay, but some problems with room door key not working on return to room.
Happened 4 times so very fustrating.
Room was on the 3rd floor with loud music being heard in the background until 2/3 in morning. I would stay in another hotel next time.
A Very Disappointing Stay
This was originally a two night stay, increased by a further night.
Room 913. I have stayed here several times over the last four years and things have progressively worsened. I regularly travel through Dubai for business and Leisure. The room was grubby. Splashes of food up the walls. It took ten minutes for hot water to come through the taps, each time. The towels and bath robe were well worn, I had to request the robe as it was not in the room. In addition, the reception customer service was not good. I had an issue with the hotel hair dressing salon and their disrespectful attitude (I was the only non-Arabian client) Amro Ladies Salon who have a number of salons around the UAE. The hair cut I received was shockingly poor. I was treated appallingly and the bill came to $149...they didn't even try to help and were openly brazen. I had no choice but to pay as if this went into dispute it would affect my transit through Dubai potentially. I am basing the poor attitude from him on the fact that I refused to have a recommended hair treatment costing 1500 dirhams. That's about 300 GBP. I didn't need it. The Lebanese man cutting my hair was nonchalant and downright rude. I tried to address this with then, to no avail. I then addressed this with the hotel directly, and they failed to help. The Duty Manager on shift on 17th October (Mr. Sanjay Lutura) was ignorant and unhelpful in the extreme. He was ill equipped to deal with anything outside of a normal receptionist's duties. He also lied to me about how the hotel had tried to contact me but I wasn't in (I was actually in the hotel for the majority of my stay as I was working from there). He them blamed this on his manager (Mr. Allan). I am in the process of submitting a formal complaint so that these issues can be resolved. When I asked for the contact details for the hotel groups chairman he refused and said I would have to email the hotel general email instead. Until this is resolved I shall never recommend this hotel and I will not stay there again. I feel sorry for the staff there who clearly work hard to make it a better place, but when they are reporting to unwilling Duty Manager's who do not know how to do their job, the fruits of their hard work are somewhat in vain. A very disappointing stay. I did my utmost to sort this out while still there but I was literally getting nowhere. Once this issue is successfully resolved I will indeed willingly remove this feedback.
Dear Ms. Harris,
Feedback is the best way that enables us to get aware about areas that we need to look into.
We sincerely thank you for bringing to our attention your experience during your recent stay at our Hotel for which we apologize that you left dissatisfied but I think there is some misunderstanding on the names since 17th October being a Friday was my off and I was not in the premises to have given you false information or not attempt to assist you.
We have taken up with our tenant Amro Saloon strongly in reference to your complain since being a leased outlet we do not have any direct control on their operation however taking up the matter with them is the best we can do to evaluate finding you a solution.
It is unfortunate that the incident happened over a weekend when the senior management in both Amro Saloon and the Hotel was not present.
We assure to represent your concern with the management of the Saloon and hope that we can help you to put this incident behind and give us another chance to be of service to you.
Metropolitan Palace Hotel