- 260 guest reviews
"Arrived late evening, still serving bar food. Room had everything needed. Left early. No complaints, no issues. Ample parking at the back wh..."
"Stayed here as was pretty close to central Birmingham. When I first arrived I was put into a room which seemed quite dim and outdated. Toile..."
"Rooms were ok, bathroom towels very small, kettle didn't work. Reception and bar area needs heating! Breakfast not very warm...."
About the hotel
The Cobden Hotel Birmingham formerly known as the Quality Hotel a is ideally located for business or leisure travellers. Set in peaceful grounds, the hotel is less the five minutes drive from Birmingham City Centre, only 3. 6 miles from Birmingham's Famous Chocolate factory Cadbury world.
With easy routes from the M5 and M6 motorways. We offer our guests free parking and free wifi throughout the hotel, a small charge applies for use of the hotels leisure facilities including an indoor swimming pool, cardio gym, steam room and sauna.
Showing Tuesday 9 February 2016 to Wednesday 10 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
52% would recommend it to a friend
Worst hotel I've ever stayed in.
The room was outdated, came with one towel (lucky I brought my own) and a broken toilet flush.
The hotel itself needs a paint job. I booked the hotel because it had a swimming pool, in which I was not told that was extra to use (normal hotels include this in the price), I used a swimming pool every morning, so I had once, but never again. It was a health and safety risk, was not clean not maintained well and the sauna was broken. In addition to use the locker you needed a padlock. I had the pleasure of building work during my stay in which again I was not informed about. I was here for job interview and was attempting to do my dissertation. So, again if I knew I wouldn't of booked. I didn't even bother attempting to try the food. I was that disappointed I couldn't stay here any longer, so I left the night before.
On arrival the staff were very helpful and polite, The room was way too hot the radiator must of been left on all day, The bed linen had a rip in it and wasn't white more off a off colour however after a good night out on the beer we got back to the hotel to have to go and find some one to serve us a drink then went to bed the room was too hot kept waking up even though had the windows open the noise from other guests was ridiculous people running up and down the corridor shouting and screaming at gone 2am in the morning.
Then to sum it all up got up for breakfast to find no staff on duty until we'd helped ourselves to the food witch the hot food tasted like it had been cooked then left and reheated it tasted horrible.