- 4 guest reviews
"We booked the same day as check in for 6 nights; we just needed to get away and had the time off work. We arrived after 3pm, as stated on th..."
"I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and was made to feel very welcome. I look forward to returning next year. The room was a good size for a single..."
About the hotel
Tusker Lodge is a small family run 11 bedroom guest house, offering guests a friendly and informal atmosphere. The guest house is in a superb location, with a south east facing sun-terrace, overlooking Torwood Gardens which is known as a quiet area with very colourful spring flowering trees and plentiful palms Tusker Lodge is located 400 meters from the harbour, the strand, shops and The Princess Theatre, and close to the beach and seafront. Within walking distance is the coastal path, which leads to Beacon Cove, Meadfoot, Hope Cove, Ansteys Cove, Babbacombe Beach and Oddicombe Beach.
The Natural History Museum is almost adjacent to the hotel and Torbay’s famous Model Village is at the other end of Babbacombe Road, just a short bus ride away.
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 10/07/2013 to 10/07/2017 - Full payment will be taken at the time of booking. Tusker Lodge does not accept bookings of more than 1 room Arrivals after 6pm will not be admitted without prior agreement The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
50% would recommend it to a friend
Great for a late deal, but the price explains the stay...
We booked the same day as check in for 6 nights; we just needed to get away and had the time off work.
We arrived after 3pm, as stated on the booking. The lady who answered didn't seem to know why we were there, but after about 30 mins of phoning another owner, found our room.
The stay was comfortable and fairly clean. Tea and coffee facilities were replenished daily.
Breakfast was not included in our stay... The welcome booklet stated that our towels and bedding would be changed on the 4th day for stays longer than 3 days. Our towels and bedding was changed the night before we left... Other than no breakfast, and the towel/bedding issue, it was good value for money.
For the price the room was extremely small.shower had mould all around,towel rail loose and sink cracked .had reply that room not updated yet so cannot understand price charged