"Very close to station and a 10 minute walk to city centre, this hotel provides an inexpensive overnight stay (for a city B&B). The reception..."
"Basic and functional hotel. Great for somewhere to stay when visiting Exeter...."
"The picture of this hotel is extremely flattering to say the least! This is a very tired and run-down hotel needing a good paint and upgrade..."
"Clean and tidy very good staff excellent location and overall a lovely stay...."
"Excellent value for money, and a great location directly besides the train station (which is why I booked it originally). Have read some neg..."
About the hotel
Ideally located 150 yards from St David’s Station and close to the city centre, makes Great Western Hotel your base for exploring historic Exeter and Devon Countryside. The Hotel offers two traditional bars where prints and memorabilia of a bygone steam age era creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere in which to enjoy a selection of up to 9 real ales. We are a 2-star Hotel with all amenities which offers an ideal ‘halt’ for travellers by road or rail.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
42% would recommend it to a friend
Convenient for station, inexpensive for city B&B but don't look at the decor
Very close to station and a 10 minute walk to city centre, this hotel provides an inexpensive overnight stay (for a city B&B).
The receptionist was friendly and organised someone to carry up my bag (no lift). My ensuite room was adequate for an overnight stay but sadly dilapidated with plaster falling off the walls and rather grubby appearance. I enjoyed my cooked breakfast but the cereal and tinned fruit salad were not up to the standard I had become used to in other SW B&Bs.
Basic and functional hotel
Basic and functional hotel.
Great for somewhere to stay when visiting Exeter.