- Very Good
- 20 guest reviews
"Good accommodation. Comfortable bed. Good shower. No spill over noise from what is a busy establishment. Staff were very friendly...."
"Modern "safe" accommodation away from home is usually sanitised within an inch of the 745 page brand standard manual life. From "Have you ev..."
"The rooms are large and comfortable and the staff very friendly...."
"What a nice welcoming place to be in after a long hard days work. Lovely atmosphere with all the log fires burning away, great character to..."
"we stay over regularly and keep coming back enough said..."
About the hotel
This carefully restored former coaching inn is one of the most characterful hotels in the St Albans area. Surrounded by villages like Frogmore, South Mimms and Colney Heath, it’s a welcome escape whether on a short break or a business trip. The pretty village of London Colney gives you the best of both worlds.
Sitting near the quiet river of Colne it provides the perfect, peaceful getaway – yet it’s only 45 minutes away from Central London, via Junction 22 of the M25. And with 13 en-suite rooms and a cosy pub serving hearty, freshly prepared food, the lodge is as comfortable as it is convenient. St Albans itself is a bustling town where you can visit the second largest cathedral in the UK. You could also enjoy a tipple or two, as it’s reputed to have the most pubs of any town in the country. Nearby you might want to explore Broad Colney Lakes Nature Reserve or dip into Roman life at the fascinating Verulamium Museum.
Showing Thursday 30 July 2015 to Friday 31 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Modem Hook up
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 24/12/2015 to 25/12/2015 - Check in times are restricted to between Noon and 5pm on Christmas Day. In addition the pub may be closed from mid afternoon on the 25th. Please refer to the individual pub/lodge for exact timings. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
70% would recommend it to a friend
Good no frills stay
Comfortable bed. Good shower. No spill over noise from what is a busy establishment. Staff were very friendly.
Hotel is in a decent location but nothing more than an over priced Travelodge.
Staff were ok nothing special. Room was a little tired looking with bland décor. Menu was typical pub food again nothing special. Overall nothing wrong with the hotel just over priced for what it is.