- Very Good
- 2 guest reviews
"Very clean friendly hotel with wonderful food, only slight problem was the noise from main road but quiet at night...."
"A new owner (taken over just as we arrived) and a work in progress but very friendly, helpful and customer friendly. Some first day hiccups..."
About the hotel
The Sun Hotel is a beautiful 18th century country inn with a modern twist. All bedrooms are en-suite with modern shower rooms, WIFI in communal areas & flat screen TV. One of the friendliest hotels in the Lake District, lovely views of the Langdale Pikes and only 10minutes walk down to Windermere's lake edge.
Set amidst the beautiful surroundings of the Lake District between the villages of Windermere and Ambleside nestled in the quiet village of Troutbeck Bridge. You will find The Sun Hotel easily accessible on the A591 and plenty of parking is provided by the private car park. We cater for midweek and weekend breaks and are an ideal base for walking, fishing, mountain biking or any adventure holiday. Impeccable service and comfort is provided and the staff are warm, friendly and attentive. The restaurant, Pedro's, is a casual, fun 'food for sharing' style restaurant with the addition of great cocktails! This is a non smoking hotel. Smoking is only permitted outside the building.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Mountain Bike Hire , Fishing
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Staying in Windermere
Very clean friendly hotel with wonderful food, only slight problem was the noise from main road but quiet at night.
A new owner (taken over just as we arrived) and a work in progress but very friendly, helpful and customer friendly.
Some first day hiccups were quickly rectified and by the end of our stay, very good and noticeable improvements. We will stay there again.