- Very Good
- 18 guest reviews
"Very classy hotel with very classy staff..."
"Perfect for my break in long journey ...... easy to find without sat nav!..."
"Excellent staff, poor room lighing, some general maintenance of bathroom required..."
"It was easy to book - details should show that breakfast NOT included in price, and proximity of hotel to A.1. Convenient and easy to find,..."
"We thought the hotel was great - all the staff we met were so friendly and helpful, the service in the bar and restaurant was quick and the..."
About the hotel
Our stylish bedrooms are fully equipped with everything you’ll need for a good nights’ sleep and an enjoyable stay. Freshly laundered crisp white cotton sheets, a quality duvet plus curtains with blackout linings as well as a spacious desk, TV, free WiFi, and Twining’s tea & coffee making facilities are found in our rooms and we also have 24h room service. In the bathroom you’ll find a range of complimentary Scottish Fine Soaps bathing products and our towels are the huge sumptuous bath sheets you can really wrap yourself up in.
With our great location off the A1 / M62, the new Kyte Hotel at Darrington is ideal for overnight stays and makes the perfect place to hold your company meetings & conferences. Our restaurant and bar has a great reputation for high quality homemade fresh food - booking may be required. The hotel is located in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside 10 miles South East of Leeds with several walks and picturesque golf courses on our doorstep. We’re also in a great location for race-goers of Pontefract, Doncaster and York racecourses. In addition, there is an outdoor pursuit’s centre, shopping village, indoor snow slope, rock-climbing centre, cinemas and bowling alley within a 10 minute drive. Please ask for our golf breaks package, for ideas on family days out, corporate team building days and transport to/from racecourses and airports etc.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Golf 18 Hole, Quad Biking, [Channels] News
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 17 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
78% would recommend it to a friend
Kyte Hotel, Darrington
Beds desperately in need of renewing.
Previous comments have suggested the same and obviously not do.
Room for improvement
The hotel was in a pleasant setting and very attractively decorated with lovely dining rooms.
However the bedrooms were disappointing by contrast; the beds were not at all comfortable as both the bases and the mattresses were sprung, giving no support at all. The bed visibly dipped in the middle. The staff were in the main friendly and helpful; unfortunately when we tried to book an evening meal we were casually told that there was a party and food would not be served until 7.00. Although a separate room was booked for the party, it was apparent that this would spill over into the restaurant, encroaching on other diners, so we decided to eat in town. We were not warned about this until we had bought drinks at the bar, so we had to get a taxi. The party took place underneath the bedrooms and loud music was played until midnight. This is unacceptable when other paying guests need to get a good night's sleep after a long journey.