- Very Good
- 118 guest reviews
"Fantastic hotel, a bit quirky to get around but that adds to the charm of the place. Staff were excellent, really helpful and friendly. Room..."
"My partner and I went for his birthday and it was wonderful! the room was very spacious and clean and the bed was so comfortable. I would of..."
"Booked the night before after deciding to stay the night whilst visiting son at Uni. We like to dine downtown and have a few drinks so this..."
"fab location, small size rooms, could have been cleaner..."
"Stayed for one night on business, Room was very big with a 42 inch TV and good size bathroom as well. Very central but not noisy due to doub..."
About the hotel
The Royal Hotel Cardiff boasts one of the best city centre locations within Wales' Capital. It is a Grade II Listed Victorian building in Italianate Style built in 1866 and is Cardiff's oldest hotel. The 60 bedrooms in this urban retreat are of a contemporary style with the latest technology which includes Air Conditioning, 37-42 inch HD TV's, in room safe and free Wi-Fi which is available throughout the Hotel.
Relax and unwind in Fitz's bar with our great selection of light meals, snacks and sample our made to order cocktails. Located on the second floor above the hustle and bustle of the vibrant capital city, The hotel is situated at the junction of St Mary Street, Wood Street and Westgate Street, with entrances on both St Mary Street and Westgate Street. The closest Hotel to the Millennium Stadium gates, many of our rooms overlook the iconic building, home to major international sporting events and concerts. Breakfast is served most mornings in the famous Oak Panelled Scott Room which can seat up to 130 guests and is an ideal wedding and function venue. It was in this room that Captain Robert Falcon Scott held his farewell dinner prior to his fateful expedition to the Antarctic in 1910. All credit cards are subject to a £2. 00 administration fee. This does not apply to Debit cards.
Showing Thursday 30 July 2015 to Friday 31 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Lounge Menu, Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 13/08/2012 to 31/03/2013 - All credit cards are subject to a £2.00 administration fee. This does not apply to Debit cards. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
Cardiff at its best
Fantastic hotel, a bit quirky to get around but that adds to the charm of the place.
Staff were excellent, really helpful and friendly. Room was modern and comfortable, if I had to put anything negative in it would be the temperature of the room, it was very hot and the towel rail was on and of course you can't open windows, there was a fan provided though so they do acknowledge this as an issue. I didn't eat there so can't comment on the food. Good central location.
The car park is a nightmare to get to.
The staff are moody and unhelpful. The room need a refresh badly it's starting to look old. Our king size bed was to singles pushed together considering i paid extra for the deluxe room i did not expect what i got. The bath room still had toothpaste in the sink and on the side from the last person. And room service make your bed...that is all. I will not stay here again. We are leaving today and i can't wait. Please consider staying somewhere else if you have standards.