Found the same room at a different price? Tell us, and we'll offer to match it.
Takatu Lodge & Vineyard
The lodge is architectural and contemporary in style using natural wood, stone and marble to complement its surroundings. Whole walls of glass allow all day sun and capture the outstanding views of the surrounding vineyard, mountain ranges and sea beyond - inside and outside fusing seamlessly as one. Attention to detail and individual needs are anticipated for guests to unwind in a peaceful setting among the vines. It is a unique experience and opportunity to stay on a working vineyard where guests may enjoy tasting their award winning wines. High vaulted Macrocarpa ceilings, open log fires inside and out, a cosy library and outside landscaped rooms are a few of the many architectural features.
Relax in one of the luxurious and exclusive, especially designed suites. Areas are spacious and optimise the spectacular surrounding views of the vineyard, hill ranges and sea beyond. Each suite caters for ultimate privacy, elegance and comfort where optimising nature and natural products is essential.
All Suites offer:
• Super-king beds or 2 king-single beds. All bed linen is of natural fibre, with 100% Egyptian cotton (500-thread) and wool.
• Generous-sized ensuites. Soak in pure rainwater, in a double bath using essential oils and candles while overlooking gardens and vines. Beautiful European double wash basins, fittings and separate marble and glass showers
• Heated floors throughout and demister mirrors.
• Accessories (shampoo, conditioner, etc) using natural products
• Exquisite bathrobes.
• Computer outlets, CD stations in every room and LCD TV on request.
• Yoga mats, organic juice, coffee, tea (including organic & herbal), fresh fruit and other provisions are complimentary.
• Therapeutic massage can be arranged on request.
Children are case by case basis.
Breakfast features seasonal fruit servings, homemade muesli, organic yoghurt, vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes, local artisan breads and fresh coffee & an assortment of teas. Food is prepared with a ‘slow food’ approach and as much as possible we support regional and organic growers.
A complimentary pre-dinner wine tasting is an opportunity to taste one of Takatu’s renowned award-winning wines from their own boutique vineyard, with hors d'oeuvres or antipasti platter.
Cafes & Restaurants: There are a great variety of local cafés & restaurants close to Takatu Lodge. The lodge is in the heart of Matakana Coast Wine Country & a 5 minute drive from Matakana Village. The lodge does provide a light supper platter option, arranged prior to reservation.
It has been awarded an Enviro Gold Trophy by Tourism New Zealand for its eco friendly design & sustainable integrity. The lodge is featured in the ‘Best Holiday Destinations of the World' by Travel & Leisure Australia magazine and chosen as ‘One of the Best Hotels, Resorts & Spas of the World’ by Travel & Leisure USA.