"Very nice place to stay, wife going for hip operation they immediately changed our room for one with easier access at no extra charge. Staff..."
"Have stayed here on business during the week & then recently over the bank holiday weekend, the two are quite different experiences !!! Obvi..."
"Hotel is looking a bit tired but is clean and comfortable...."
"Hotel is brimful of period features and is still stunning. Our room was a very modest £35 for the night and we got a very comfy double bed,..."
"Very clean room and very friendly and helpful staff. After stay, booked again for valentines for me and the other half! Perfect location, ve..."
About the hotel
This Seaside landmark was built in 1863 and still stands proud overlooking the picturesque South bay and Harbour. The beautifully designed hotel is rumoured to have a theme of time within the design of this stately building. It has 4 Towers, 12 Floors, 52 chimneys and 413 rooms.
The hotels boasts two Restaurants, The Harbour Lights, the main restaurant with stunning views of the Harbour and the Premier restaurant for those wanting a more intimate atmosphere with Carvery and a wide selection of dishes and a Café Java serving snacks and beverages. There are also two bars in the hotel, the Empress and the Cabaret bar offer a relaxed chilled atmosphere. The Cabaret Ballroom is home to our LIVE Entertainment, with shows that will keep you entertained for the evening. Conference rooms are also available for any occasion for up to 200 people catering for all your needs. This is the perfect seaside hotel with the views, good food and great entertainment! WIFI is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel.
Showing Tuesday 3 May 2016 to Wednesday 4 May 2016Change Search
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 01/10/2010 to 31/12/2022 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
41% would recommend it to a friend
Very nice place to stay, wife going for hip operation they immediately changed our room for one with easier access at no extra charge.
Staff were all brilliant. Will come back again next time we are in Scarborough. Good and quality entertainment.
Great value but hectic at times.
Have stayed here on business during the week & then recently over the bank holiday weekend, the two are quite different experiences !!.
Obviously it`s an old building but still well maintained, the sea view rooms are worth the money alone. It can be a busy hotel, often full of group trips, which can lead to queues for reception and at the bars on an evening & also at breakfast (which is buffet style & due to the numbers catered for not the best). I would definitely return, it`s a great base for exploring Scarborough, though I may think again about booking for a bank holiday Sunday, the monday was very quiet & relaxed in comparison.