"When we arrived we were given a room in the basement, no windows or phone signal. We asked reception if we could be moved, they said yes if..."
"We really enjoyed our 2 nights B&B at the Grand, We had a large room with sea view on floor 00, breakfast was buffet style with huge choice,..."
"Was put in a room in the basement. Easy enough to find, clean. Not too small that we were falling over each other either. Acceptable for the..."
About the hotel
This Seaside landmark was built in 1863 and still stands proud overlooking the picturesque South bay and Harbour. The beautifully designed hotel is rumoured to have a theme of time within the design of this stately building. It has 4 Towers, 12 Floors, 52 chimneys and 413 rooms.
The hotels boasts two Restaurants, The Harbour Lights, the main restaurant with stunning views of the Harbour and the Premier restaurant for those wanting a more intimate atmosphere with Carvery and a wide selection of dishes and a Café Java serving snacks and beverages. There are also two bars in the hotel, the Empress and the Cabaret bar offer a relaxed chilled atmosphere. The Cabaret Ballroom is home to our LIVE Entertainment, with shows that will keep you entertained for the evening. Conference rooms are also available for any occasion for up to 200 people catering for all your needs. This is the perfect seaside hotel with the views, good food and great entertainment! WIFI is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel.
Showing Sunday 2 August 2015 to Monday 3 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 01/10/2010 to 31/12/2022 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Valid Photo ID must be shown if guests are wishing to settle the account by cash. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
43% would recommend it to a friend
We paid and booked for a standard room , when we checked in we got a club room 3 floors under ground with no phone signal and no window after complaining I was told I must have booked the wrong room, after the first night the shower flooded so we were moved up three floors , we found the room and it had a dirty toilet and a used sponge in the shower, so I went down to complain again.
To find another 7 couples who had also been given a under ground room when they had booked a room with window , once I was seen too I was moved again to 5 th floor room was very basic but we did have a window even though u couldnt see out of it for the dirt. The roof was leaking in and we had to dodge 6 buckets getting to our room it smelt but we were so tierd we stayed in that room and checked out next morning!!!!. Never stay again
Very dated and tired.