"Clean and tidy but hotel needing a lot of money spent on it to bring it back to the grandeur it once had. Great location I must say and I ha..."
"Having read the reviews we had braced ourselves for disappointment. However, our deluxe sea view room delivered what it promised. There was..."
"We selected a room with a window. We got a window. The view through the window (Had opaque patterned glass and a sheer curtain) was a brick..."
"Arrived at 1:40 to check in and was told to come back in 20 minutes. I went back 20 minutes later to find over 50 people waiting to check in..."
"Very good, clean hotel...."
About the hotel
This Seaside landmark was built in 1863 and still stands proud overlooking the picturesque South bay and Harbour. The beautifully designed hotel is rumoured to have a theme of time within the design of this stately building. It has 4 Towers, 12 Floors, 52 chimneys and 413 rooms.
The hotels boasts two Restaurants, The Harbour Lights, the main restaurant with stunning views of the Harbour and the Premier restaurant for those wanting a more intimate atmosphere with Carvery and a wide selection of dishes and a Café Java serving snacks and beverages. There are also two bars in the hotel, the Empress and the Cabaret bar offer a relaxed chilled atmosphere. The Cabaret Ballroom is home to our LIVE Entertainment, with shows that will keep you entertained for the evening. Conference rooms are also available for any occasion for up to 200 people catering for all your needs. This is the perfect seaside hotel with the views, good food and great entertainment! WIFI is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel.
- Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Smoking allowed in bedrooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Pets Allowed , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 01/10/2010 to 31/12/2022 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
47% would recommend it to a friend
Not so grand anymore
Clean and tidy but hotel needing a lot of money spent on it to bring it back to the grandeur it once had.
Great location I must say and I had a sea view room of the harbour, great view I must say. Enjoyed my stay and may go back again.
Better than expected!
Having read the reviews we had braced ourselves for disappointment.
However, our deluxe sea view room delivered what it promised. There was some bird poo on the window & the whirlpool part of the bath didnt work but it was clean, well decorated & the sea view was lovely. Our only real complaint was the lift which seemed bit rickety & could only take 3 at a time which caused a wait most times so we mostly just took the stairs. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and we would definitely return!