- Very Good
- 12 guest reviews
"Very good ...."
"We've stayed here several times usually for the convenience of the location and our work. We have dined here only a couple of times and on b..."
"We enjoyed the character of the hotel and room wood beams and uneven floors and the excellent food...."
"Stayed for one night on a short walking trip around Symonds Yat. Very warm welcome and friendly service throughout from owner and staff. Roo..."
"Small hotel with around 20 rooms, and the varying levels, winding staircase and creaky floors typical of old buildings. The frontage is righ..."
About the hotel
Ideal Base for the beautiful Wye Valley, Award winning Chef, fresh fish a speciality, and excellent beers and wines in an ancient old Town Centre Coaching inn, full of character and charm, with its own secure parking we aim to offer a haven to the tourist and traveller. Forty minutes from Cheltenham, forty-five minutes from Cardiff. The hotel is a listed building with winding stairs and does not have a lift, there are no ground floor rooms.
Residents wishing to dine are advised to book a table as soon as possible as our restaurant is very popular.
Showing Monday 2 May 2016 to Tuesday 3 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
The Kings Head Hotel
The accommodation was clean and in normal weather conditions adequate.
However the weekend we were there it was very hot our room was in the loft space of the building with little air movement. There was a fan which we left on all night and we left the window open but sleeping was extremely difficult. The entrance to the car park was very narrow and made worse by scaffolding and decorative council metal columns which intruded into the gap at the top. Our car is a wide SUV and on the second night we scraped it badly. My fault entirely but what was annoying was that several employees told us afterwards that safer approach was to take a left turn opposite, turn round and approach at a easier angle. Pity this advice wasn't offered at reception on arrival. On the Sunday morning the weather changed to torrential rain and we decided to cut our stay short by a night. We were refused a rebate for our third night because we were told that Laterooms.com doesn't allow it. I phoned your consumer relations people on our return to be told that what we were told was not necessarily the case. First time we have used Laterooms.com . Probably the last. The only saving grace is that the hotel restaurant was excellent and well worth a visit.
The Kings Head Hotel
Very good .