This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
Dramatic scenery, historic buildings, cutting-edge environmental sustainability and superbly comfortable accommodation combine to make Wheeldon Trees Farm a wonderful year round holiday destination. Set in a peaceful and secluded location close to Buxton and Bakewell, the property occupies 12 acres of pastureland – a stunning position in one of the Peak District’s most breathtaking valleys. Eight cottages, previously converted from an imposing 18th Century barn and hayloft, have recently been completely refurbished with great attention to detail.
Newly completed Sheldon Cottage has single-floor accommodation, is wheelchair accessible and is designed to meet M2 mobility impairment standards. Combining traditional character with modern building standards, the weathered limestone walls conceal the latest in green technology – hot water and central heating from ground source heat pumps. Deborah and Martin Hofman, Wheeldon Trees Farm’s new owners are proud of their Peak District Environmental Quality Mark and Green Tourism Business Scheme ‘silver’ accreditation. Take advantage of the natural beauty and all the activities that the Peak District has to offer while enjoying a high standard of comfort. Deborah and Martin have installed under-floor heating, contemporary bathroom fittings and beds with pocket sprung mattresses and memory foam toppers. The open-plan living areas with sumptuous leather furniture, flat-screen TVs, DVD, video and CD players with i-pod docking are complemented by kitchens with all the cooking equipment you might want. Most cottages have individual patios with garden furniture and stunning views over dramatic Parkhouse Hill and the distant moors. ‘The Long Room’, created from an old agricultural store, includes a pool table, table football, board games and a wide selection of books, videos & DVDs. Guests can prepare a meal together in the communal kitchen, enjoy home cooked gourmet dishes from the freezer or make use of excellent local caterers. Breakfast boxes are also available - with delicious local produce including fresh eggs from The Spice Girls, The Sugarbabes, The Cheeky Girls' and Amy Winehouse, Deborah’s own free-range hens. Wheeldon Trees Farm is perfect for couples, families and large or small groups seeking lazy summer strolls or bracing winter walks – children and dogs are very welcome.
Showing Monday 8 February 2016 to Tuesday 9 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Video/DVD Library , CD Player , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet