- 7 guest reviews
"I have now stayed at the Rockford a number of times and it just seems to get better over the years. Cathryn and Sarah are great hosts and ha..."
"very homely inn nothing to much trouble peaceful location...."
"Extremely friendly owners, fantastic service, clean and modern rooms set in a traditional 'pub' setting...."
"The Rockford Inn has to be one of best places we have ever stayed in. The rooms are spotlessly clean, as is the pub itself. Everyone is so w..."
"Great traditional pub with good food (huge portions) and a nice warm room for when you return from the moors, the woods or the coast. Friend..."
About the hotel
The Rockford Inn sits beside the East Lyn River as it flows through the beautiful and peaceful Brendon Valley in Exmoor National Park. The rural public house dates back to the 17th century and provides a cosy and convivial atmosphere in which to relax. Its a traditional North Devon country pub popular with local farmers, ramblers and fishermen alike and set in an isolated and remote hamlet.
We offer excellent home cooked seasonal foods, local brewed real ales and comfortable accommodation in which to stay, where we offer full and half board. You can sit by the river, enjoy a pint as you watch herons stalk salmon and trout, as well as the odd unfortunate frog. The sound of rushing water over the rocky rapids provides a tranquility to behold. After we have locked up and the guests retired to bed the only sounds you will hear are the peaceful, tinkling waterfalls and the hooting of owls in the woods.
Showing Monday 30 March 2015 to Tuesday 31 March 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Fishing, Horse Riding
- In room entertainment
- [Channels] News
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 13:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 12/09/2012 to 31/03/2013 - The Inn is closed on Mondays during the winter months, however the B&B remains unaffected. Please note the bar and restaurant will be closed. Breakfast is served normally. The LateRooms.com rates for The Rockford Inn in Devon are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
I have now stayed at the Rockford a number of times and it just seems to get better over the years.
Cathryn and Sarah are great hosts and have obviously worked hard to improve the hotel over the years they have been there.
Looking forward to the next stay.
very homely inn nothing to much trouble peaceful location.