- Very Good
- 78 guest reviews
"Although slightly dated decor the hotel is really clean and staff very helpful. Only a short bus journey or a 15 min walk from city centre...."
"The hotel is conveniently situated, about a 10 -15 minutes walk from Princes Street. The staff were helpful and friendly and I enjoyed a goo..."
"Our stay at the Cumberland Hotel was a very pleasant one. The staff were very helpful and attentive. The Hotel was spacious and clean in ple..."
"Hotel staff were very welcoming and friendly. They took great notice of our appearance and were very complimentary. Breakfast was just the r..."
About the hotel
The Cumberland Hotel lies in its own attractive grounds overlooking the main A8 tourist route into Edinburgh. We are just 10 mins walk from Princes Street and 10 mins drive from Edinburgh Airport. The hotel is conveniently located for both exploring the delights of the capital city and the main attractions such as the Fife Tourist Route and The Forth Bridges, and further afield - St Andrews, Stirling, Glasgow, Loch Lomond - all within an hours drive.
Cumberland Hotel is housed in two of the most architecturally attractive Listed Victorian Buildings in the West End of Edinburgh. The Hotel has been recently renovated to retain its original Victorian features, with superb cornices and large rooms. Visitors to The Cumberland are immediately aware of the elegance of their surroundings, from the attractive dining room serving full Scottish breakfasts with continental and vegetarian alternatives, to the spacious and relaxing residents' lounge and the intimate cocktail bar, with its traditional stone façade, where guests can enjoy a quiet evening discussing the day's events. For those who are perhaps coming to Edinburgh for the first time, The Cumberland, with its friendly and helpful staff, is the ideal choice. The hotel has a large car park with Surveillance camera. An attractive beer garden to the rear of the hotel allows you to enjoy a drink in a relaxed and peaceful environment. Free WIFI available in public areas and Wired Internet access available in bedrooms at a rate of £5 for 24 hours. A discounted Wired Internet Charge is available for longer stays. We offer FREE PARKING for hotel guests, a rare find in the capital! Restricted parking for cars only (no trucks or commercial vans). Spaces available on a first come, first served basis. Public parking is possible on the street.
Showing Monday 3 August 2015 to Tuesday 4 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 13/10/2011 to 31/12/2015 - Credit Card charge - minimum of £2 (transaction below £100) and maximum of 2%. The parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Public parking is possible on the street. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Clean and not far from city centre
Although slightly dated decor the hotel is really clean and staff very helpful.
Only a short bus journey or a 15 min walk from city centre. Worth considering if looking for somewhere reasonably priced to stay in Edinburgh
Friendly staff, convenient for exploring city and a good breakfast
The hotel is conveniently situated, about a 10 -15 minutes walk from Princes Street.
The staff were helpful and friendly and I enjoyed a good cooked breakfast. Given the generally high prices for accommodation in Edinburgh I thought my stay represented good value for money.