- Very Good
- 13 guest reviews
"Excellent hotel on the river front. Only a couple of minutes walk from the Temple Bar area and the whole city is extremely accessible. Could..."
"Room was presented in a simple Art Deco style with solid wood furniture. Beautiful visually & attention to detail very pleasing. A few minor..."
"Excellent hotel. Staff very welcoming and helpful. Room was superb. Dinner at the Cleaver East was amazing. Only downfall was breakfast - a..."
"Rated a 4star but really a 3, the staff were excellent no problem there. No car parking so we had to walk a quarter of a mile with bags from..."
"Breakfast was not included in the price & at €19 each it's quite expensive (the restaurant is owned by a Michelin stared Chef so could be wh..."
About the hotel
The Clarence is Dublin's premier boutique hotel located in the heart of the city, only 12 minutes’ walk from St. Patricks Cathedral and on the banks of the River Liffey just a stone's throw from the famous Ha'penny Bridge. Our hotel is a proud reflection of 21st century Ireland, simple and elegant, a contemporary aesthetic that embodies the very best of Irish hospitality.
Dublin airport and rail station are 30 minutes’ drive from the hotel.
At The Clarence, guests can choose from fifty bedrooms, the furnishings are simple: classic Shaker oak, beds dressed in cool white linen, leather seating,all custom designed primarily by Irish artisans, all sitting elegantly in contrast to a palate of vibrant cardinal colours, rich drapes, and luxurious carpets. We aim to provide all the simple needs of our guests and we offer ‘round the clock room service and all rooms have complimentary WiFi as standard. The bathrooms boast cotton rich towelling and a selection of toiletries and each room has a flat screen TV with a selection of local and international channels and all rooms have tea and coffee facilities.
The hotel is located within short walking distance of a myriad of Dublin city experiences to suit all tastes: from Michelin star Irish restaurants to cool indie coffee bars; big brand shopping on Grafton Street to cutting edge Irish design wear around Temple Bar, George's Street and South William Street; theatres such as the world famous Abbey as well as contemporary venues such as the Project Arts Centre and the New Theatre.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Excellent hotel on the river front.
Only a couple of minutes walk from the Temple Bar area and the whole city is extremely accessible. Could not fault the room or the service or the staff at the hotel from the requested early check in to suit flight arrival to the offer of keeping our bags on last day if we were off for a wander round the city before flying off
Style in Dublin
Room was presented in a simple Art Deco style with solid wood furniture.
Beautiful visually & attention to detail very pleasing. A few minors snags but not worth mentioning. Had dinner in the hotel restaurant. Subdued lighting not to my liking but I was seated by a window overlooking a bookshop with my family name on so pleasantly surprised. Service attentive , menu inviting & food excellent. Only marred by the 20 minute wait for desert which was disappointing- both the wait & said desert which looked attractive but somehow didn't quite work. An enjoyable stay nonetheless & ignoring the noise from the bar area plus early morning neighbours!