- 9 guest reviews
"Lovely people lovely location lovely place booked to go again the day after we got back..."
"Visited Cumbria many times but never been to Grange before.So we were delighted to discover Somerset House through Laterooms, which we used..."
"Enjoyed our stay room very clean. Breakfast very enjoyable and owner was very pleasant and helpful grange over Sands was a pleasant surprise..."
"Fantastic stay, very very friendly and polite and very well mannered..."
"It was a nice and quiet place to stop at just what the doctor ordered great place to relax. All the staff were very nice and nothing was no..."
About the hotel
Somerset House is an elegant 19th century stone-built former posting establishment designed for, and dedicated to, hospitality, comfort and refreshment. Somerset House is a guest house providing top quality bed and breakfast accommodation, with a licensed bar . We provide 8 comfortable en-suite rooms with digital tv, power showers, [2 family rooms, 2 twin rooms,1 single and 3 doubles].
We are family friendly with high chair and cot, cycle friendly with tools, spares and secure, sheltered cycle storage, pet friendly, walker friendly with drying facilities, offer train station collection, free WiFi internet facilities, and ample parking in the vicinity. We even provide a local cyclist rescue service, for guests running late or having trouble with their bikes. We accept dogs and a charge will be applied. Please contact us prior to bringing any pets as not all our rooms are pet friendly. Charges will apply depending on size and quantity of pets.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wi-Fi Available
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 25/08/2015 to 31/12/2019 - Breakfast is included in the room rate price PLEASE NOTE we do not accept arrivals after 11 p.m. only between 3p.m -11p.m. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely people lovely location lovely place booked to go again the day after we got back
Great location for Lakeland day's out
Visited Cumbria many times but never been to Grange before.So we were delighted to discover Somerset House through Laterooms, which we used as a base for family days out.
The thing that sets this B&B apart from the many others we've used is the warm welcome and the value for money.It's ideal for Lakeland walkers who don't mind a short drive.But please remember to remove muddy boots because Somerset House is really clean. Thank you.