- 9 guest reviews
"It's a very nice hotel, no doubt. Breakfast terrific, room was lovely. But beware - the beds have foot ends, the scourge of the taller trave..."
"Everything was fantastic. The hotel / castle was in a fabulous setting. Our family room was beautiful. The beds were very comfortable, the r..."
"The exterior of the hotel and its landscaped grounds are delightful. Inside, the hotel is lavishly furnished and decorated in period style,..."
"Booked this room at the last minute, not disappointed with any aspect of our stay. Staff very welcoming and the breakfast was exellant. Hote..."
"Had an amazing stay with my boyfriend. we got upgraded to the yolketon room 8 and it was a four poster, stunning room. we also got to have e..."
About the hotel
Rowton Castle is a beautiful 17th century, grade 2 listed building, set in 17 acres of tranquil grounds, six miles west from the historic town of Shrewsbury. We are the perfect venue for a prestigious function, or a few days away from it all. A castle has stood in the grounds at Rowton for nearly eight hundred years.
It has now been transformed into a luxury country hotel, retaining the splendour of yesteryear whilst providing the facilities anticipated by the most discerning of guests.
Showing Friday 9 October 2015 to Saturday 10 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
It's a very nice hotel, no doubt.
Breakfast terrific, room was lovely. But beware - the beds have foot ends, the scourge of the taller traveller, so a good stretch is not an option. I'm 6'3" and it was a problem.
Fabulous hotel, excellent value for money, will be back.
Everything was fantastic.
The hotel / castle was in a fabulous setting. Our family room was beautiful. The beds were very comfortable, the room was clean and there was lots of tea, coffee, chocolate, bottled water and biscuits. The bathroom was full of lovely soaps, shower gel, shampoo, sewing kit, shoe shine etc. The staff were all very friendly and so efficient, the food was delicious, they even gave us free drinks. The hotel was one of the best we have ever stayed in and it was brilliant value for money.