- 7 guest reviews
"Lovely room, unfortunately my husband and I were far too hot in the night and were not able to turn the heating down so this made for an unp..."
"All staff were very welcoming and pleasant with good service throughout. We stayed for 4 nights but chose to dine in Ludlow for two, simply..."
"Very comfortable room and exquisite food, both the evening meal and breakfast. And first class, helpful and attentive staff..."
"A first class restaurant with excellent rooms.I am sure the two new rooms will be to the same high standard. The standard of food is excelle..."
"The Accommodation is in a cottage-type room (one of many) away from the Main Building, with under floor heating - great for January! Very co..."
About the hotel
Situated in picturesque Ludlow, This restaurant with rooms offers superb 2 AA rosette dining, free Wi-Fi and immaculate rooms, presented in a unique blend of the traditional and contemporary. Bedrooms are situated in tastefully converted period outbuildings and feature a range of modern amenities including free Wi-Fi, TV, radio, minibar and tea/coffee making facilities. The Clive Restaurant is renowned for superb modern British cuisine and has been awarded two AA rosettes as well as an entry in the Michelin Guide.
Emphasis is on the use of fresh local and almost everything served is made fresh in the restaurant kitchen. The bar and adjoining courtyard provides a comfortable area in which to enjoy local traditional ales, a wide range of wines by the glass and light snacks from the bar menu. Dating back to medieval times, Ludlow still features ancient walled sections, timber lined Tudor style buildings and the imposing Ludlow Castle. Ludlow also boasts a range of popular shops, bars and restaurants to enjoy after exploring the area
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Interconnecting rooms available , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely room, unfortunately my husband and I were far too hot in the night and were not able to turn the heating down so this made for an unpleasant nights sleep.
Staff in the restaurant were diligent but lacked any extra friendliness. Unfortunately menu had been changed very recently and due to some confusion with the kitchen our starters were wrong and had to be sent back. All in all a bit disappointed
August Four Night Stay
All staff were very welcoming and pleasant with good service throughout.
We stayed for 4 nights but chose to dine in Ludlow for two, simply to add variety. Both evening meals at The Clive were good; the second evening was particularly lovely given we were in the smarter of the 2 restaurants. Breakfasts were really tasty every morning, delivered with great service. Our only issue was with the location. Although great access into Ludlow and the surrounding area, which we would highly recommend, with rooms at The Clive adjacent to the A49 we found it to be pretty noisy. Also woken c5ish most mornings with deliveries for the adjacent businesses. Great access to these local gems but less so if you're looking for a good nights sleep. We'd return to dine, without any question, but perhaps look for alternative accommodation - somewhere quieter.