- Very Good
- 57 guest reviews
"Everything about my stay was fabulous - room was spotless. check in great - others should visit and learn how to check guests in - within 2..."
"The only negative thing I can say is there was no air con in the room and you cant really leave the windows open due to the local beasties s..."
"The hotel is clean, staff are alway helpful and friendly and a fab surrounding for a hotel , I use this hotel often..."
"We stayed here one night to attend a family function nearby, and were pleasantly surprised at the quality considering the excellent price. I..."
"Very good staff. Good location...."
About the hotel
Set within the grounds of the idyllic Strathclyde Country Park and on the banks of the loch, the Alona Hotel has a laid-back atmosphere. The Glasshouse Restaurant, with its bright, airy decor and relaxed atmosphere, offers modern Scottish dishes created from local produce, and live music every Saturday from the resident jazz trio. A complimentary English or continental breakfast is served each morning and room service menu is available 24 hours a day.
The Alona offers 51 guestrooms located on three floors, all of which have contemporary decor with modern furnishings. Amenities include blackout drapes, tea/coffee and hot chocolate facilities, Flatscreen TV's, direct-dial phones, hair dryers, safes, wireless Internet access, and separate sitting areas.
Showing Wednesday 14 October 2015 to Thursday 15 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
96% would recommend it to a friend
Everything about my stay was fabulous - room was spotless.
check in great - others should visit and learn how to check guests in - within 2 minutes of arrival I was booked in, told where lift was, room in location to lift, where breakfast would be, breakfast times - brilliant. Had a coffee - at 6 the next morning had another 2 cups before breakfast downstairs and nothing was any trouble. A nice 'extra', a little bit of Scottish tablet with the coffee, the sort of touch that time and time again this hotel just got right. Meal was lovely, good choice and service impeccable. At times I need a hotel in the southern part of Scotland and not had greatest experience [Freuchie excluded but it is almost too far from the M74] - well I sure have it now!
The only negative thing I can say is there was no air con in the room and you cant really leave the windows open due to the local beasties so room did get rather warm through the night