- 31 guest reviews
"Excellent location and excellent food..."
"Good location next to park easy drive to Tollcross pool...."
"On arrival we were greeted in a friendly and efficient manor. Our booking was promply found and any questions we had were answered with auth..."
"Excellent accomodation, clean rooms, friendly staff and a very good restaurant. If only all hotels were this good...."
"I have stayed at this hotel quite a number of times in the last 10 years and it will always be my first choice when I need to stay near Glas..."
About the hotel
Set within the grounds of the idyllic Strathclyde Country Park and on the banks of the loch, the Alona Hotel has a laid-back atmosphere. The Glasshouse Restaurant, with its bright, airy decor and relaxed atmosphere, offers modern Scottish dishes created from local produce, and live music every Saturday from the resident jazz trio. A complimentary English or continental breakfast is served each morning and room service menu is available 24 hours a day.
The Alona offers 51 guestrooms located on three floors, all of which have contemporary decor with modern furnishings. Amenities include blackout drapes, tea/coffee and hot chocolate facilities, Flatscreen TV's, direct-dial phones, hair dryers, safes, wireless Internet access, and separate sitting areas.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
97% would recommend it to a friend
Excellent location and excellent food
Nice room let down by poor food and service.
Lady at reception couldn't be LESS helpful.
It took almost TWO hours and two very patient calls to help me unlock the safe. Yes I did lock it by accident but for someone to make a sixty second trip to help a paying guest was ridiculous. Yes she said they were busy.... The only 'busy' I saw was five Breakfast was either burnt (potato scones) or under cooked or off (scrambled egg looked GREEN in parts) . Plus parts were the room was nice, the view from the restaurant was pleasant and the breakfast staff were friendly. The stay was good value but the Alona seems confused as to whether it's a travelodge or a hotel.......