- Very Good
- 14 guest reviews
"Staff were extremely helpful. Room was very 'homely'. The hotel is very handy for local pubs, a supermarket, a short walk into town and the..."
"We booked this hotel as it was adjacent to where we needed to be - it was very reasonably priced, the staff were friendly, and a good stopov..."
"Fantastic hotel with great staff and lovely city location. Toilet didn't flush until we did some emergency plumbing but this is a really ver..."
"Having booked with only short notice to find somewhere to stay close to relatives we did not know what to expect. We were delighted that we..."
"Room was inexpensive but very small so I got what I paid for. Breakfast although quite good was very expensive at £8.00..."
About the hotel
Just a 10 minute walk from Derby City Centre, this family-run 18th Century Hotel offers plenty of traditional appeal, a highly regarded tavern and free Wi-Fi and parking. Infused with the atmosphere of a country style Hotel, this grade II listed building retains much of its original olde-worlde charm. Each en-suite guestroom has been individually decorated and furnished in a style reflective of the building's historic character.
With open fires and elegant surroundings, the restaurant provides delicious homemade food and fine wines. The Hotel's bar, Mr Grundy's Tavern, is featured in the CAMRA 'Good Beer Guide' and offers a diverse range of real ales and a large beer garden. Convenient and accessible, it offers free parking and is just a 14 minute drive from Junction 25 off the M1, perfect for visiting Derby, Westfield Shopping Centre and the Peak District National Park. Please note that the whole price of reservation will be charged to your card 24 hours prior to stay. If payment does not go through the hotel will ask for new card details. If new card details are not provided the hotel will cancel the reservation.
Showing Wednesday 25 November 2015 to Thursday 26 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
Stunning old English charm
Staff were extremely helpful.
Room was very 'homely'. The hotel is very handy for local pubs, a supermarket, a short walk into town and the main roads in and out of town!
Clean and reasonably priced room - good location
We booked this hotel as it was adjacent to where we needed to be - it was very reasonably priced, the staff were friendly, and a good stopover on our trip.